Does belief effect your diet?

Options
Lets give this group a small kick with a new topic :wink:

I am intrigued if belief, or the lack of it, effect how you diet...

I know that one of the things that drew me towards a low carb/high fat diet, is that it makes sense in an evolutionary way

So what do you guys think?

Replies

• StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Nope. But my skeptical, scientific nature does. And on that note, I'm pretty sure that a low carb/high fat diet doesn't make any particular sense in an evolutionary way.
  • oferb1
    Options
    Don't you think that if you don't believe in evolution, for example, you are predisposed to write off certain diets?

And may ask what you think is a diet that makes sense in an evolutionary way? as IMHO we certainly didn't evolve in a high grain/sugar environment
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Nope... My "diet" is only affected by my lazy ways and bad habits. I try to counter that with a strong desire to change through science and math. More calories out than in. That's it.

Weather there's a god that made that reality so, or it's biology influenced by survival needs over much time through Evolution is meaningless. Calories in and calories out is all that matters. The only caveat I would add to my theory is "Moderation"

Cheers!!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    When I went to church in middle school, there was a woman there who made a really good chicken and cheese lasagna. Yeah, that's about it, though.