Prepare Thyself!

Options
Gnawcraft
Gnawcraft Posts: 744 Member
Get ready! Weigh-in day approaches! (Not sure if I'm the only one that dreads this time of week haha).

Replies

• IdaBigelow
    Options
    I was stressing out so bad about weigh in day every week that I had to move my weigh in to monthly :) That really sucks for someone who use to get on a scale several times a day. I removed the scale from the house and weigh in at a TOPS (take off pounds sensibly) meeting every week but will only let them tell me the results the first week of every month!!
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone hehe! Every other time I've tried to lose weight I have weight myself daily so I'm finding it stressful waiting a whole week to find out how I've done. Fingers crossed though!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I always dread weigh in day too.

But not tomorrow. I don't CARE what the numbers say tomorrow.

I KNOW I have done good work this week.

I KNOW that I drank my water.

I KNOW that I ate mindfully--mostly.

I KNOW I have been getting my sheen on EVERYDAY.

So if The Numbers are Not Good--I don't care.

I have the spring in my step, and the stamina in my bones, to walk EVERYDAY to the grocery store to buy more good fruit and veggies, ignore the bad, (chips and pop, and other lovely salty things in bags and boxes and tins in the middle of the store) and get home with puff to spare--whereas two months ago it felt like a death march and three months ago it was inconceivable not to bring home chips...with the car.

So yeah...maybe I am about due for the dreaded plateau...

And MAYBE I didn't measure ALL of my popcorn portions with a micrometer. And I have no scientific way of measuring the calorie burn of a sheen.

So MAYBE my numbers won't be what I want them to be tomorrow.

But today I don't care.

I am going to the rec center to swim and work out regularly for the first time in MY LIFE and my trousers keep slipping down!

So bring on the scales. If I don't get my numbers tomorrow morning, I will get them on ANOTHER morning.

Because I AM GETTING THIS S#!T DONE!
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    Haha, well said!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Mark, what you said about the weigh in makes me feel better about myself. Hey Maybe I wont have greatest numbers tomorrow on the scale, But I know that I am feeling better about myself and I have more energy and stamina then I've had in a very long time. And I know that if I keep doing what I'm doing the weight will keep coming off, maybe slower than I would like but as long as the numbers keep going down eventually I'll get where I want to be. So thank you Mark for your words of wisdom :)
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I always dread weigh in day too.

But not tomorrow. I don't CARE what the numbers say tomorrow.

I KNOW I have done good work this week.

I KNOW that I drank my water.

I KNOW that I ate mindfully--mostly.

I KNOW I have been getting my sheen on EVERYDAY.

So if The Numbers are Not Good--I don't care.

I have the spring in my step, and the stamina in my bones, to walk EVERYDAY to the grocery store to buy more good fruit and veggies, ignore the bad, (chips and pop, and other lovely salty things in bags and boxes and tins in the middle of the store) and get home with puff to spare--whereas two months ago it felt like a death march and three months ago it was inconceivable not to bring home chips...with the car.

So yeah...maybe I am about due for the dreaded plateau...

And MAYBE I didn't measure ALL of my popcorn portions with a micrometer. And I have no scientific way of measuring the calorie burn of a sheen.

So MAYBE my numbers won't be what I want them to be tomorrow.

But today I don't care.

I am going to the rec center to swim and work out regularly for the first time in MY LIFE and my trousers keep slipping down!

So bring on the scales. If I don't get my numbers tomorrow morning, I will get them on ANOTHER morning.

Because I AM GETTING THIS S#!T DONE!

^^ Mental game LEVEL UP!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I think it's hard not to hate the scale but the part from mark about knowing his other success that's positive thinking!
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mark you hit the nail on the head with that post!

I kind of like scale day, but then so far mine have been going in the direction I prefer. lol
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Sunday and just don't want to think about it!