Favorite Live show you attended

Options
Gabrielm80
Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
One of my favorite show I went to was NIN opening for David Bowie. Favorite Festival would have to be lollapalooza 1992 when Red hot Chili Peppers, Sound Garden and Pearl Jam were main stage

Replies

• coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sad to say I've only attended 3 concerts. (Living on an island in AK will do that to ya)

Aerosmith at the Gorge in George WA was my first concert. IT ROCKED!

P!nk in LA and then Lonestar at Primm NV.
  • GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Summer XS, Wembley Stadium in 1991. Awesome day with the likes of Jellyfish, Deborah Harry and INXS who were incredible!

Next best was Meat Loaf at Wembley Arena on the Welcome to the Neighbourhood tour....

Oh and of course, Wembley Arena, War of the Worlds conducted by Jeff Wayne....You know I've not been without a copy of War of the Worlds since the day it was released? I love the updated version too.

V98 Festival in Chelmsford, Essex was also a brilliant weekend of nothing but live shows and fantastic free food from the Hare Krishnas who didn't even try to convert me! Saw James Brown, James, Robbie Williams (he's a damn good showman if nothing else) and loads more.

And finally, as a kid, I was taken to see The King and I at The London Palladium. Yul Bryner played the King as he did in the film and it's one of the most magical memories I have of my childhood!
  • GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite show I went to was NIN opening for David Bowie. Favorite Festival would have to be lollapalooza 1992 when Red hot Chili Peppers, Sound Garden and Pearl Jam were main stage

My fiancee adores NIN!

Can't say I like Red Hot CHilli Peppers that much, but Pearl Jam must've been pretty good. David Bowie? Now there's a show I'd love to see.
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I saw Annie. My dad somehow knew the producers of the show, and got us tickets to the after-hours party. I got my playbill signed by almost all the actors, it was soooo cool.

I've been to a few concerts and symphonies. I think my favorite was Boston opening up for Styx. This was about 3 or 4 summers ago, and Styx absolutely ROCKED IT! (Why wouldn't they, right?) They keyboardist was off to the side, we were closest to him, about 10 rows back, and he played the keyboard backwards. He was turned around, had his hands behind him and was still jammin'. He kicked off his shoes into the audience, he was such a Hoot!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    No contest. The last Rush show in Austin-- Clockwork Angels. :love: We had the sweet hookup and ended up with a 24-seat private box all to ourselves! I can never go to a concert again! :blushing:
  • Marpo08
    Marpo08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My all-time favourite must be Madonna's MDNA Tour at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark (July 2012).
    I stood in the front row at the tip of the runway, ie. the part of the stage where Madonna performed almost half of the songs in the setlist. Madonna's singing was close to perfect, though it was obvious that was singing live during most of the show, the choreographies were spectacular, and the live band was great, though most of the music was pre-programmed. About half of the setlist consisted of new songs, while 'oldies, but goodies' made up the other half of the songs. As usual in a Madonna show, some of the arrangements were close to the original versions, whereas other songs were rearranged to the point that they were almost unrecognizable.
  • omega_red84
    Options
    Between the Buried and Me with Children of Bodom at the HOB Las Vegas!
  • ilovetoeatsweets
    ilovetoeatsweets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband purchased tickets for my birthday 2 years ago. Darius Rucker opened up for Rascal Flatts. It was the first concert he had EVER been too. I love summer time concerts on the lawn.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hiya friends , Im Jenn and im new to this group :)

I luve live music and my fav as of thus far are

1.NKOTB-at the Gund in Clevland
    2.Kenny Wayne Sheperd-Blue on Black :)
    3.Script-Amazing
    4.Gavin Degraw
    5.TRAIN...........Da Best :)
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you love New Kids!!!

Not sure about their new stuff, but I still listen to a few "oldies" now and then ;)

~M~
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that you love New Kids!!!

Not sure about their new stuff, but I still listen to a few "oldies" now and then ;)

~M~

I was soooo close to Donnie , i even yelled " I will bare your babies!!" lol i saw them another time at Blossum ...

The Scrips,Gavin and Train are really good....Check them out...not to crazy
  • Gabrielm80
    Options

My fiancee adores NIN!

Can't say I like Red Hot CHilli Peppers that much, but Pearl Jam must've been pretty good. David Bowie? Now there's a show I'd love to see.
    Yeah Bowie was great. There was no break between NIN and Bowie. God it was so long it was either when Reptile or Hurt was the song Bowie just appeared, and sang with Trent on the last few songs and than Trent played electric piano during Bowies set. My major gripe was that he didn't do any old stuff. I know he greatly changes his image every album and Ziggy stardust conceptional did not match what his style was at the time sound which was faily close to Trent Reznors then, but come on man. Play some of them during encore. You have to appreciate Bowie for never wanting to look back, but I wish he could of thrown in one or two.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I saw Trent in late 1989 or early 1990 in a little, very divey bar on the outskirts of Vegas. There were 200-300 people at most, and the performance was raw as hell. Overall, a _great_ show. :)
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love going to concerts and festivals and I read some pretty big names on here. That I cannot offer beside the first concert experience in all my life, when I saw Prince from a far away balcony in a far too huge hall...

Nowadays I often see smaller concerts with bands not too many people outside Germany know... So if anyone is into Rock and darker things - here's my list ( with short explanations what to expect when checking on youtube:wink: )

Longest actual playtime at one concert: And One - was entertaining for about 3 hours. Performs a good mixture of easygoing electropop and Industrial/EBM

Most Fun at any concert: Die toten Ärzte (The dead doctors) - great coverband just doing songs from Germany 2 most successful Punkbands "die toten hosen" and "die Ärzte"

Best Gothic: ASP acoustical in a church few years ago... And ASP in any othe locations... Sometimes soft, sometimes fast and loud and easy to sing along and party your butt off - but always meaningful and deep lyrics and ambitious projects... Try "how far would you go" and "Ich will brennen" (I want to burn) in its live versions and you'll know what I mean...

Best Dark-Rock: Mono Inc. - they are a great band from the city I live in and I saw them from being support-act until they fill bigger halls now and sell a good amount of cds for entering the german charts.

Best medieval-rock: Saltatio Mortis. On a medieval-fair. They spend their summers touring Germany to the big festivals and medieval-fairs and they are great with their ancient instruments supported by guitars, bass and drumkit... Very well written lyrics, too and loads of fun everytime. Atm. They got a new album out and I am proud that they did it on top of german charts without any adds or promo or presence on radiostations...

Best Industrial: Centhron and Agonoize double feature... Hard stuff in here... Not everyones cup of tea and even me backed a bit off, when Agonoize started to spill the audience with buckets of artifical blood. :noway:

Best Metal: Lordi did an amzing show!

Best other: if you are into classical music and into metal kind of stuff, too - you gotta try Coppelius. They call their Music Kammer-Core and play always in-character dress-up... Look a bit steam-punkish. all of them are great musicians and great comedians too.

Best festival: Castlerock - Great music surrounded by beautiful castle-walls... Wonderful experience!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Firecracker 5 in Lubbock, TX in 2001... Slipknot, Mudvayne, Disturbed, Papa Roach, & Linkin Park!!! \m/ :heart:
  • nursenelson
    Options
    Madonna!
    In about 47 days I'm going to P!nk!!
  • carollynch09
    Options
    The Last Waltz . . . I've been to concerts since but nothing has beaten this one for me.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options

My fiancee adores NIN!

Yeah Bowie was great. There was no break between NIN and Bowie. God it was so long it was either when Reptile or Hurt was the song Bowie just appeared, and sang with Trent on the last few songs and than Trent played electric piano during Bowies set. My major gripe was that he didn't do any old stuff. I know he greatly changes his image every album and Ziggy stardust conceptional did not match what his style was at the time sound which was faily close to Trent Reznors then, but come on man. Play some of them during encore. You have to appreciate Bowie for never wanting to look back, but I wish he could of thrown in one or two.

This was my number one show for a very long time.... I was 14th row center at Big Mac before they tore it down. It was supplanted two years ago by Peter Gabriel with the New Blood Orchestra at Red Rocks. Everything just pieced completely together to make it one of the most perfectly poignant nights of my my whole life.

I've had way too many amazing concert experiences to try to place them all....
  • Gabrielm80
    Options

My fiancee adores NIN!

This was my number one show for a very long time.... I was 14th row center at Big Mac before they tore it down. It was supplanted two years ago by Peter Gabriel with the New Blood Orchestra at Red Rocks. Everything just pieced completely together to make it one of the most perfectly poignant nights of my my whole life.

I've had way too many amazing concert experiences to try to place them all....

So you saw that David Bowie that tour too?
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Deep Purple, I was 10. It was pretty awesome.