No Cardio For 2 weeks???

Options
cjohn2278
cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
I think this plan sounds great...except...NO CARDIO??? Does anyone else find this difficult? I think that I might "loosly" follow this plan and hope for the best!

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes u heard it right no cardio for 2 weeks ... may "gain" weight on the scale from strength training. It is actually muscle mass (muscle tears and rebuilds) that tips the scale, making it seem as though you are gaining weight. Now don’t get me wrong doing NO cardio is hard, it just doesnt feel natural to me. I had to really change my mind set and believe I would see results without it. I had to trust the program. In Jamie’s phase 1 video on bodybuilding.com she explains that Phase 1 is designed to use weight training for muscle growth and the goal is to build muscle. . This is a normal feeling so don’t worry because shedding the fat will occur in Phase 2, the FUN phase. Jamie also explains that the calories you are consuming in Phase 1 are important for muscle growth

I think this plan sounds great...except...NO CARDIO??? Does anyone else find this difficult? I think that I might "loosly" follow this plan and hope for the bes

Any thoughts?
  • yazamitaz
    yazamitaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a ride leader for a local group and I cannot go without riding at least 3 times per week. Not to mention that I have the MS 150, which is a 150 mile ride over two days which raises money and awareness for MS patients. I will still perform the workout but I have to ride, no two ways about it.
  • cjohn2278
    cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been working on C25K and I don't want to give that up! But I do want to add more to my workouts.