intro

Options
devans25
devans25 Posts: 36 Member
Hello my name is Darcie and I hope you dont mind me joining. I'm a new mom. Just had my son in july. Im now ready to start working out. However, finding it hard to do so with a newborn. Im hoping to be able to stay focused and that we can help motivate each other.

Replies

• abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ashley here

I kinda just joined the group too, hope thats ok?
    I have a 17 month old at home, work 9hrs a day + travel and am constantly on the run. I just joined the gym (to go on my lunch hour) and am looking for support from other busy mommas!
  • annief724
    Options
    Hey I'm Annie. I'm a new mom too. My son was born in July and I'm trying to get back into a routine. Somedays I feel like this is easier said than done. :) So I'm trying to find ways to exercise with a newborn and get back into shape. I'm really hoping that motivation from others will help!
  • phisister
    phisister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melissa - nice to see a group that looks like it might be active. I originally joined MFP 2 years ago - lost 20lbs (the last of the baby weight from my daughter), but then fell off the wagon and gained it back. I started back up a year ago when we were trying for baby #2, lost that darn 20lbs again, and got pregnant. My son is now almost 7 weeks old, and so it's time to lose that weight again. In addition to that baby weight, I'd also love to lose the weight from college/grad school - that would be another 20-30lbs.
    They say the secret to weight loss success is the combination of tracking diet/exercise plus social support (which is why Weight Watchers works, except MFP is free...) I've had good, but temporary, success with just the diary part, but this time am hoping to add the support aspect, which is why I joined the group - I'm hoping it will keep my motivation going, and also keep me accountable and on track.
  • Bethlacy
    Bethlacy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I am not a NEW mom and I hope its ok that I join this group. My youngest child (a son)is 4. I also have four daughters age: 22,21,19,17 and a grandson who is almost 2. Although I haven't JUST had a baby, I am still interested in being a fit mom. After I had my girls,I was still in my mid 20's and the weight came off very easily with very little exercise. However, after I had my son at the ripe old age of 39 (not that 39 is old, just ripe) I have struggled for 4 years to lose the weight. I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon and although I run/walk 25 miles a week, I am still struggling. I have been using MFP for awhile now and do fairly well with tracking diet and exercise, I am now looking for more support from fellow members on the same road as me.
  • Koysmomma
    Options
    Hey Mommys!!! My name is Candi. yes it really is Candi :tongue: I am a stay at home mommy my daughter is 4 months my youngest son just hit his 8 month mark. My oldest son is about to turn 4. And my oldest is by far the biggest handful!!!! Tryin to keep up with Koy(oldest) and keeping Konnor(8 months) from eating anything he can find takes alot of energy!!!! My children are the reason i want to get into shape before long all three of them will be running around like crazy and i want to be able to have the energy to run around with them.

Good Luck Ladies!!!!!
  • dfaulman
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Devon and I am a stay at home mom to 3 boys. My boys are 4, 3 and 1. Yes I am very very busy with them :) I am currently trying to tone up. I am about 10 lbs from my ideal weight but would be very happy just being fit and maintaining. I just completed the Alpha round of Beachbody's Focus T25 and I am now doing Beta. I love it!!!
  • AddyJo14
    Options
    Hi! My name is Adrian. I have 2 children, a 14 yr old son and a 4 yr old daughter. As a retail manager, I have felt like I have little time or energy to devote to my own well-being. That is about to change. It's time for me to really start taking care of myself. I have recently moved and am getting married this month so I figure now is a great time to change my outlook and my appearance. Hoping that with a support system I can reach my weight loss goal of 50 lbs :)
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm Wendy. My children are 5 and 3.5 years old. I work at a desk job all day and have not been motivated to get back in shape until now. My breaking point was that none of my clothes were fitting me and that I looked like I was 3 months pregnant (when I'm really not). Looking for any supportive friends; great, healthy recipes; and exercise related information.
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies Im Brandi and I am a mom of two boys 5yo and 12weeks old; my husband and myself are active duty Coast Guard and for the next 3 year i get to play single mom off and on. I work shift hours so its hard for me to watch what im eating since i get board at work and snack alot. i also dont get to workout as much as i would like when working if we dont have the people or we get busy. I am looking to try and get back in shape and get rid of all that weight i gained with my second son. Hope to hear from some of ya'll! hope everyone has a great week!