Introductions

Options
Welcome to the smoking section! This group is about anything anyone wants to talk about. It's a place for smokers to unite in weight loss struggles or victories, smoking cessation (or not), happy times, sad times, venting and anything else you'd like to post. Tell us a little (or a lot) about yourself while I go get a cigarette :happy:

Replies

• Amanda2410
    Options
    It's nice to see other smokers out there trying to kick the habit too. Ihave smoked for about 8 years and seriously regret ever starting but hey-ho it is what it is. I decided to go on a health kick and eat better, get fitter which so far is working out well (11 lbs lost on 5 weeks woop woop!) but I am really struggling quitting the *kitten* :( I went and got an ecig but i just don't find it as good. So have decided to focus my energy in one place. Hit my weight target and then try cold turkey with the *kitten*. Has anyone tried anything else other than ecigs to help them quit and guessing that if your on this group it didn't work but how did you find it?
  • this14UDad
    Options
    Ah Ha! This is were the double sinners hang! Seriously, it is nice to have a little group to be 100% honesty with the smoking thing. I am a smoker, and I have tried to quit so many times it isn't funny. This up coming quit I am gonna try the cold turkey thing. I was hoping if I could improve my eating and exercising I would naturally like to breath better. Sorry to say, shallow as I am, I am ashamed of both and haven't a clue how to cultivate stick -tuitvemess to slay both these dragons. This is day 2 with MFP and I would really like some light hearted encouraging friends if your up for it. - Shawn:smokin:
  • this14UDad
    Options
    It's nice to see other smokers out there trying to kick the habit too. Ihave smoked for about 8 years and seriously regret ever starting but hey-ho it is what it is. I decided to go on a health kick and eat better, get fitter which so far is working out well (11 lbs lost on 5 weeks woop woop!) but I am really struggling quitting the *kitten* :( I went and got an ecig but i just don't find it as good. So have decided to focus my energy in one place. Hit my weight target and then try cold turkey with the *kitten*. Has anyone tried anything else other than ecigs to help them quit and guessing that if your on this group it didn't work but how did you find it?
    Excellent job losing 11 lbs. Have you held 5 lbs in your hands? It is significant. I have done the patch and the gum. Not at the same time. Helpful products but they are not lying when they say you need a support system to have the best success. I believe I need a full time shrink to make a go. Sorry that ugly negativity rearing its head. Keep up the good work!