Introductions - Tell us about yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• ccny11
    ccny11 Posts: 3
    Options
    Most of my adult life I looked great and felt great without having to put much effort into watching what I ate or paying attention to how much I exercised. Post college when I started working full time (sitting at a desk all day) the weight started creeping on slowly. It didn't get really bad until the past 2 years - I had a job I hated and worked all the time. Between the stress of my job and the long hours I would eat really poorly and rarely exercised. Now I am (thankfully!) at a job that I love, and I have more time to focus on nutrition and exercise. I would love to have a body that I felt comfortable in - as it stands right now I am extremely self-conscious and constantly comparing my body to other peoples.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    »Waving« At Mark and Company!!

Hi,I'm 'Elle .. I have about 32 more to lose but
    might only get another 20 at my current rate
    byXmas .. I'm working as hard as I can .. hope
    to meet others here on this challenge. I'll do
    my best to get 30 but my body has a npmind of
    it's own. lol
  • homeechez
    homeechez Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Tami and I am getting back into the working out portion of life. I have been working out while I was away at camp the past 3 months, and have lost roughly 15 pounds, but now that I am back home, all the things that have tried to derail me are back.

I have set a goal of 30 pounds by Christmas, so finding this challenge (and a friend talking about it) has motivated me to join!

Here is to sticking with the plan and positive motivation!
  • Hi I'm Tonya. I'm just getting started.

I have a set a goal of 32 by Christmas. That will put me at 170lbs by Christmas with about 30 - 40 more to loose. Looking forward to being successful.

I am motivated!!!!!
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I have been MFPing since the end of March along with running and Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. Took a vacation the 1st of July and even ran a 5k while on vacation on the 4th of July, but have since fallen off the weight loss and logging wagon. Summer has been challenging having my kids home from school everyday. While I have maintained my weight loss and have exercised, I have been here and there with it and I haven't logged my food.

Back at it now with the kids starting school this coming Weds. I started a lifting program NRL4W yesterday and am joining a gym this Thurs. I just really need to get back at logging and planning my foods in order to lose the last 30#s, oh and get my running shoes back on. My goal is 21 because that would put me out of the overweight category but 30 would be sweet.

Feel free to add me as a friend too. :)
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Magnolia and I have ~30 lbs to go. My original goal was to reach goal weight by New Year's but 1 week earlier sounds better! :)
  • mainesm
    mainesm Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Michelle. I had my first baby last January. I still have 24lbs of baby weight to lose until I am post baby weight. Would love to have this gone by Christmas!

Currently, I am doing Insanity (week 2), running w/ my baby when the weather is nice, and eating a lot of protein, limiting my carbs.

I am looking for support, friends, and motivation. '

I usually get on MFP on my iPhone, so sometimes it's hard to check-in into groups - especially on the weekends.
  • willbeskliz
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am currently 207 lbs. Fell off the wagon over the weekend so haven't weighed myself since last week. Might be brave enough to do it tomorrow morning!!

Lost 13 lbs since Easter. I would like to be 27lbs lighter by Christmas. Sounds like a tall order. It would be the best Christmas present if I can pull it off.

We can do this!

Liz x
  • Celina429
    Celina429 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Celina & I'm attempting to get back on track.........again! I would love to lose 50 pounds total, so this Christmas group is perfect! I hope to help motivate you all as I too need lots of support! Lately, the scale has been going up steadily and I'm so very frustrated at this point. My hubby wants to have a baby soon and I really can't fathom adding more weight to my 5'2", already heavy frame. I feel bummed so I had to reach out! Have a great day everyone! :)
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Fiona but everyone calls me Fi :smile:

I have been on MFP since May 2011 as I wanted to lose weight for my holiday in the October.
    I got down to 10st (140lbs) & was really pleased as only had another 7lbs to go to goal weight, then I came home ........... holiday blues, winter, etc, etc, etc & put loads of weight on

Spent 2012 battling & getting nowhere so on Jan 1st 2013 decided to start all over again

Jan 1st 167lbs (11st 13lbs lets just say 12st)
    Sept 2nd 154lbs (11st)
    was down to 148 in July but yep you guessed it then came home from holiday and now upto 154lb :sad: :sad: :sad:

Started back this Monday full on so this challenge will really help as my New Years Resolution was to change me in 2013 - so plan to carry on & succeed :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Here goes, wish me luck :wink: :laugh:
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Michelle. 33 years old, mom of 4. I joined MFP this spring and did really well for the few weeks that I remembered to log in every day, but that didn't last long! Finding time for exercise (and time to come log things here) is my biggest challenge - we homeschool our kids, one has some major medical issues and can't tolerate being outdoors when it's warm, and one fences competitively so we travel a LOT, and I also work part time. The second biggest challenge is staying on the wagon when we're out of town...or at least getting back on when we get home! With three more trips coming up between now and Halloween, I'm really going to have to work at that.

I weighed in this morning at 192.4. My "by Christmas" goal is 165, which would be my "after the first baby" weight. A full 30 would be even better, of course! My LTG is to get back to my pre-kids weight, about 140.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Becky - I'm 28 years old, I'm an academic researcher based in the UK and I'm also a turtle!

I want to lose 14 pounds - a pound a week sounds nice and doable and. will get me firmly into the middle-to-high OK range of my BMI. I'm 11 stone 4 today (sorry my maths won't stretch to workng that out in pounds) and I want to be 10 stone 4. What a brilliant Christmas present that would be!

Good luck everyone! We can do it!
  • lacyslosing
    lacyslosing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been a member of MFP for a while, but let's just consider me a brand new member because I have sucked at this! LOL! I have a goal, I want to take pictures with my kids at Christmas time! I have not been in a picture willingly for years. I'm going to work hard and I hope to see some major changes in my life by Christmas! :smile:
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm a lil late introducing myself, sorry about that. My name is Missy and I'm 32 years old with 3 kids. I am currently doing Turbo Fire. I also play softball and I try to get to the gym at least once a week. I've been on MFP for a couple years, I've just been up and down with my weight loss. This time around I'm not giving up...I'm putting myself first for once and I'm going to reach my goals!! Good luck to you all!!