I am still alive...

Options
pintobean
pintobean Posts: 40 Member
Hello Ladies :)

I've been MIA lately and I will be back to training very soon. We very recently moved to a new house and trying to get our lives back on track slowly. I have been off training for a while partly due to injury and partly cuz of trying to pack/move stuff. While we still have a LOT to unpack my workout space is almost set up. I finally have a small room in the basement where I set up my power rack/weight etc. I used to have it in the garage in the previous house. And working out in the winter was a B****. So, we'll see how this new room works out. I have to say though...the rack takes up all the room and the ceiling fan in the room might eventually have to go once my husband starts training. Basement ceilings are slightly low...I think 7.5 feet? I can't even let the bar stand vertical in the tree :grumble: . However, for now, the fan will stay. Good thing I am only 5'1" :laugh:

I will be starting with SL and on non lifting days, either walk or do some metabolic conditioning workout. Need to get fat off now for good. SO much fat loss to happen & I have been slacking with diet :frown:

My toddlers are loving the space so that's good.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I hear you re just moved house.... I've just moved to a new flat and also started a new job (i.e. I'm now doing 3 part time jobs) so I've had a crazy couple of weeks, just trying to get back into routines, i.e. work out the best times in the week to fit in lifting, plus figure out how I'm going to plan meals for days when I'm extra busy.... like today.

We also have more space in the new flat, including a very large balcony (it's kind of a cross between a balcony and a roof garden) which is good for the kids to play in (i.e. high walls/railings around it and in the shade in the afternoon)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Very few houses have basements in the UK.. jealous!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I was wondering where you had disappeared to!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome back! I know how stressful moving can get. Glad you're finally getting settled and back to a routine!
  • pintobean
    pintobean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. I am excited to start again. Good thing I am starting with SL as not having lifted in couple months...starting with just the bar will be good.