Crohn's with an osotmy!

Options
Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone here that not only deals with Crohn's but also with an ostomy. I am finding it very hard to lose weight since I had my surgery last year and hoping that this site and app will help to figure out why! I have 50lbs to lose....and want to have 30 of them done by the end of July next year. My fingers are crossed that I don't end up in a flare along the way. Take care.

Replies

• mkthav
    mkthav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My husband is 51 and has crohns. I have no advice regarding weight loss but just wanted to say hey and wish you luck. Very glad that you are feeling well. Good Luck.
  • lindakeigher
    Options
    Thank you so much. I wish you the very best too! Linda
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hey, I don't have any advice. I had Diverticulitis with a temporary Ostomy. I found it hard to continue my healthy eating. I gained like 50 lbs after my take down.

The problem with digestive disorders is that you need to watch what you eat. The trick to losing weight is watching how much you eat.

Good luck.
  • Dcuff
    Dcuff Posts: 3
    Options
    Have Crohn's for 12 years, surgery this month, Ileostomy in place for life.
    Using the Withings activity device to monitor activity, sleep, and heart rate.
    New to this but the science is there. If I walk enough to burn the calories I consume I should keep my weight at the goal.
    I lost so much weight over the last three months I have now gained (after my surgery) up to my goal.
    I know that exercise has always been my fallback to overeating. I am healing from surgery and getting back to a regular exercise pattern but still have a ways to go.
    Best of luck....