No restriction

Options
FFfitgirl
FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
I'm ove 5 months out and never really had restriction. I can eat a lot!
Anyone gone through this? I paid for the surgery out of pocket and it feels kinda I spent a lot for nothing

Replies

• LessofaLargeMarge
    Options
    Hi - I'm just a week out and am worried that I can get too much in too! I definitely know the surgery worked so far - because I don't feel hungry - but when I start pouring liquid in this pouch - I feel like I can keep going on forever and it scares me! Can you follow up with your surgeon?
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am 2 years out and even liquids can fill me up if I drink enough or even too quickly. However I will say that crackers and popcorn don't seem to trigger the restrictive feeling I get from 4 ounces of chicken. I can really overeat on those kinds of things, so I still weigh and measure everything that goes in my mouth (at home and what I pack for work) to make sure I am controlling the portion size. Obviously eating out means guessing, so protein first and then whatever else I can get in until I feel like I'm getting full. Point is, I have found the restrictive feeling is more intense with protein than anything else, so maybe if you're not feeling the restriction it's what you're eating?
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I try to do protein first and it fills me for a few minutes then I'm hungry again, just like preop:(
    I can eat about 10ozs of chicken though.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I try to do protein first and it fills me for a few minutes then I'm hungry again, just like preop:(
    I can eat about 10ozs of chicken though.

Oh my! You really want to talk to your surgeon. I think because it's so dense, I can eat at most 5 oz. chicken and then I'm uncomfortable. I feel better with just 4 oz. and a few tablesoons of salad. Beef is the same. Any meat that's ground in a sauce is easier and I can eat more of that, which is why I weigh and measure. I did a few days of protien shakes for 2 of the 3 meals to get the scale moving again and after that my sleeve felt much more like it did in the beginning, like it shrunk a little. You might try that, but again, I would question your surgeon about how you can get 10 oz. of chicken in.