Neverwinter f2p!

Options
NoWeighJose74
NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
Anyone giving this a whirl? Having read the Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore, I just had to!

I'm currently a lv 25 great weapon fighter on Dragon shard (there are only 3 servers atm).

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'll have to give it a spin when I rotate back stateside.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to give this game a shot but haven't had the time... definitely on my list of "... to be played..."

Seeing as you've played long enough to get to 25, I assume you're getting some level of enjoyment out of it?

What's the good/bad?
  • NoWeighJose74
    Options
    For me anyway:

Good: Gfx are much better than I expected for a F2P
    It's D&D (well sortof) and set in the Forgotten Realms!
    I like the rotating "Events", as well as the fact that it has a dungeon finder (dungeons, skirmishes, even PvP)
    I like that the Auction house currency is separate from gold, silver, copper
    I think the Foundry (player made "modules") is neat. You can pick them as a daily too, if it's an eligible Foundry

Bad: Not too crazy about the targeting reticule
    Leveling is hella easy
    Replayability is limited, as the storyline seems the same regardless of class/race. Same quests.
    Only 2 character slots to start. Have to spend RL $ via the Zen market for more. LOL at the Drizzt unlock for $200

Overall, it's a nice distraction while I wait for WoW's 5.4 to drop. It's either that or GW2, which I bought recently, but haven't really been able to get into.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Overall, it's a nice distraction while I wait for WoW's 5.4 to drop. It's either that or GW2, which I bought recently, but haven't really been able to get into.

GW2 we use as a distraction from WoW often. either that or Rift.

Ill have to try Neverwinter tho, that sounds interesting.
  • NoWeighJose74
    Options

I think the mistake I made with GW2 was getting the case of alt-itis a little too soon. I just HAD to have one of every class, so I bought the 3 extra char. slots. I'm spread so thin, I still have pretty much no clue what my abilities do, and how to optimally build each toon. But then again, my highest level is only 26, the rest are just over 10. lol
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

I think the mistake I made with GW2 was getting the case of alt-itis a little too soon. I just HAD to have one of every class, so I bought the 3 extra char. slots. I'm spread so thin, I still have pretty much no clue what my abilities do, and how to optimally build each toon. But then again, my highest level is only 26, the rest are just over 10. lol

LOL i filled all 5 of my slots but didnt buy more. Did buy more bank slots tho, one drawback to a shared bank. My highest is 42 or so and it goes down from there, but since i only play it for a couple hours a week, i dont get bored as easy. the professions there are kinda interesting and i enjoy leveling those.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I played this for a bit. I found it a big stagnant at max level. I haven't logged back in since they introduced the new races/class.

I'm also on dragonshard.

I have an Elf DC. I like the pvp, but after a few days running the same maps for points for gear I already had (gifted) seemed kinda boring. Wow at least had a variety of large and small pvp events and pvp is what i enjoy most these days.

And while the Foundry sounds like a bad*** idea, its implimentation wasn't great. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, make dungeons. There's a knack to story telling and map layout that most people just don't have the ability for.
  • highlordb
    highlordb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am currently playing this on Beholder server....just started and i am rolling a cleric.....i am enjoying it alot so far.....hopefully there is plenty to do at level cap...that is the thing that worries me....
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm playing this now, I've added it to the game rotation :) I've got a DC on Beholder server. It's an ok game. I do like the combat much better than in standard mmo's, though, the limit placed on the number of spells/actions you can use is a bit of a pain. On the other hand, it does make you think about the role you wish to play, and set up your build and bars accordingly.