Turbo....

Options
justjenny
justjenny Posts: 529 Member
Started the Choose To Lose Program again yesterday. Trying the turbo plan. Anyone else on it? Would love someone to check in with to keep me on track.

Replies

• Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually try to follow the turbo cycle, but I did the regular plus a slingshot week this month. Turbo has served me well, but I slowed down for a while. I switched it up and started losing quickly again. I will go back on Turbo on Sept 1st.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am doing a modified turbo... trying to eat LC days as often as possible... HC days sometimes and GF days whenever something comes up such as an office party, or dinner with the husband. :) Been 2 weeks almost (started on 16th) and so far have lost 4 pounds. :)
  • justjenny
    Options
    I am doing a modified turbo... trying to eat LC days as often as possible... HC days sometimes and GF days whenever something comes up such as an office party, or dinner with the husband. :) Been 2 weeks almost (started on 16th) and so far have lost 4 pounds. :)

what is a GF day?

That's a great loss! Keep up the good work! :)
  • Gearjammer71
    Options
    Guilt Free days - Where you just eat normally and don't restrict anything. It doesn't quite mean that you can down an 8-cut though. :lol:

It also keeps your weeks the same. That way your low & high carb days are always on the same day of the week. I stay LC almost all the time. Even my high-carb days are somewhat low carb in that I stay under 100g. It's not the plan to the letter, but I have to modify to keep my blood sugar under control.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

what is a GF day?

That's a great loss! Keep up the good work! :)

Guilt Free day. :)
  • justjenny
    Options
    Did my first week of Turbo last week, and am down 1.2 pounds. Not much, but it's something. I have about 15 to lose. How is everyone else doing?
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    How are you guys doing with the the Turbo plan? I am looking back into the carb cycling. I had to take a break for a while and try to fix my metabolism and eat normal calories for a while. I do much better if i lose a bit faster (mentally better lol) so the turbo is what i want to try again.

Can I ask how many carbs you are eating on high carb day? I know lower carb day its under 100g. I have done this before, just can't remember how many carbs on HC days.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    oh and btw.. I have 10 i need to lose.. or want to lose.. i am 5.2 and 145... need to shed off a few.
  • Gearjammer71
    Options
    My High carb day is around 100-120, and low carb around 50-60. I've lost 68 pounds in the last 90 days, which translates to a 16% reduction in body weight. It's worked well for me, and aside from the first 10 days, it hasn't been difficult at all. I pursued a more rapid approach for health reasons, related to type 2 diabetes. Now that I've achieved those goals, I have backed it down to a goal of losing 2 lbs a week.

I can relate to the mental aspect of losing weight rapidly, though. It is a great feeling, and you begin to feed on that like a drug. I can see how eating disorders are created.
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me on the classic plan. Hoping for great results!