Day One

Options
2»

Replies

• joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, my name is Joy and I began to gain serious weight when I returned to college about 8 years ago. Worst case scenario really: started back at college at age 28, gained about 40 lbs in 1 1/2 years, and have had a hell of a time losing it, especially since I have turned 30 and now am looking at my 36th B-day this January. My current weight right now has remained around 191, but I am hoping that will change with next week's weigh-in. In the last 30 days I have gone to a more whole foods diet and have returned to yoga, doign it at least 3 times a week. I have lost (what I gained back over the summer months) about 9 lbs in the last 30 days. I have no doubt that much of that was only the initial water weight related to too salty of foods and alcohol. Oh ya, that is also something that I have gotten in check, not drinking as much. In fact, over the weekend I had some alcohol but that was the first time in over 2 weeks, and I can say for a fact that the 3 lbs I lost over those 2 weeks was directly tied to that, maybe not completely, but definitely related.

My biggest issue right now, I hate exercising, especially when it is hot and humid out. I don't mind walking but not when I can't breath b/c the air is too thick. It reminds me of the days when I was a smoker and had a hard time breathing in that crap. I also suffer from chronic pain in my back and sciatica. So very intensive exercise tends to be very painful, however, I do like the challenge, too so it is a love-hate relationship. I made it to day 36 out of 64 of the Insanity workout just before summer but had to quit when I severely turned my ankle. I will admit, that deflated my desire to exercise and I am still struggling to get back into that mode.

So glad Amanda started this group! I hope we can inspire each other:) MY goal weight is 135, but I will need to reevaluate that as I lose b/c my goal is not just being skinny but being healthy overall.
  • dreichbach
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Denise I gained weight after giving birth to my 3 girls. I was tired of not feeling good about myself and decided to do something about it. I started losing weight in January 2013 and was down 15 pounds before having a medical issue requiring surgery. Surgery was completed at the end of July and I'm now healed but gained back 13 pounds of the 15 lost, so I'm here now starting back at square one.
  • beccalabgal
    beccalabgal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for starting this group! I'm in the same boat as many of you!

I'm a pretty positive person, but am feeling a bit defeated at this point. I'm a foodie and an emotional (angry, happy, bored) eater. I've always been/felt overweight. I lost about 50 pounds, getting to within pounds of goal, in 2002. It crept back up, and with two back-to-back pregnancies, I topped out at 278 pounds at full term. I've lost much of the weight, but had some health issues last year that at first caused some very unhealthy rapid weight loss, followed by steady, depressing weight gain. My husband is very supportive and accepting of me at any size, which is good and bad, since he doesn't stop me from digging into the ice cream. . . :) Right now I have about 80 pounds to lose.

Every week, I feel motivated to get back on track, and make this happen! After a few days of behaving, the scale is moving in the right direction, and I allow myself to derail. I just can't seem to make the decision on a daily, hourly basis to be successful in weight loss. With three kids (6,5 and 18mo), I want to be healthy enough to keep up with them, and don't want to pass on a warped food relationship to them!!

I enjoy encouraging others and am pretty faithful to logging, so feel free to add me as a friend!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

What luck to find your group! I'm recovering from a back injury which derailed my healthy eating. I was feeling sorry for myself since I couldn't sleep, couldn't walk, couldn't exercise and gave into too many pretzel m&m's!! Well I'm doing better now but still giving in too easy to those dang pretzel m&m's! Timing of this challenge is so perfect as I'm just starting back exercising again: elliptical, biking, walking and limited weight lifting. I'm currently at 155 lbs and need to get back down to 145 so my clothes will fit better and then to my final goal of around 140 lbs. My plans are to eat TDEE minus 20% and not count any exercise ~ 1,400 calories a day. Exercise in some form or another most days. Finally stay motivated with a group like this one :) Thank you for starting this group!!
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone new for posting! So excited to have you all here and I hope this group helps you guys to keep on track. If anyone wants to add me to keep each other motivated through daily food diaries/exercise loggings, please feel free :D
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    uhhhhh, im back at day one. smh. :ohwell: I think im good to go this time. Wish me luck :embarassed: