Not feeling it

Options
This past weekend my husband and I found out we are expecting our first!! Yay! I've been so excited! I'm 5 weeks along and over the weekend I had some nausea, hips hurt, tired, etc...seemed to be feeling "pregnant." But then come this week I don't feel "pregnant" at all.....no symptoms at all. Do the symptoms come and go? I've been reading way to many things about miscarriages etc and I'm getting myself paranoid that I'm not pregnant anymore.....Help?! Is it too early to be worried, and just wait the symptoms will come in full force or is this normal?

Replies

• OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6 1/2 weeks and up until this past weekend most of my symptoms stopped except for the fatigue. I went to the doc today and yep, I'm still prego! I kinda did the same thing and freaked myself out, so I stopped reading about miscarriages. Might be a good idea to do the same. Enjoy the process! :flowerforyou:

Also, one of my friends who recently gave birth told me she had no early pregnancy symptoms. I guess each person is different.

Congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I could smell stuff a little more strongly but I didn't have real symptoms until 6 or 7 weeks. And even then it was just feeling blah.

When I did have a miscarriage, it was noticeable because I had all the signs- sore boobs, nausea, etc and then suddenly... no symptoms. I had felt pregnant and then I felt not pregnant. I *knew* :(
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    The first trimester is notoriously tricky with symptoms. The first weekend I found out, I felt awful! But then after that, I didn't feel too bad most of the time. Sometimes I even felt totally normal, like I wasn't pregnant. If you really want to reassure yourself, take a home pregnancy test. Soon enough, you will have your first ultrasound and see the baby, maybe even hear the heartbeat. I never felt 100% pregnant until I did that! Unfortunately this time I was like nine weeks along until they could schedule me.
  • sasuckow17
    sasuckow17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you too!! Thanks...my husband says I need to stop reading about them too.....That makes me feel better :-)
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out, I'm 22 weeks and still never "felt pregnant". No morning sickness, no food aversions, nothing stereotypical like that so don't worry if the symptoms haven't developed yet!
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know the stress.

There's really no way of knowing based on your symptoms: they should overall increase for a few more weeks but you can't go by a day to day comparison. Unless they've been extreme for a couple of weeks and then dropped quite suddenly (which is usually not the case by the 5th week), you can't tell. Week 6 and 7 are particularly tricky for the development and a lot can still go wrong. You'll just have to be patient and weight for the days to pass and your first ultrasound.

Good luck to you! I've counted every day of my first trimester, hoping it'd end soon.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks too with my first! Yay :))

My boobs have already re-filled out my bra - much to hubby's delight (they had shrunk due to exercise!) so they're quite tender

apart from that i haven't felt too much else, a tad dizzy on the odd occasion

No morning sickness or nausea yet and i hope hope hope it stays that way!

Also i'm still working out everyday at this stage, i'm determined to keep it up through my pregnancy and be a fit mumma!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 weeks today. I started getting MS around 5 weeks and it lasted until I was 19 weeks or so. There were many times in between when I thought it was over. I would go days at a time and feel fine and then BAM!....I'd be tossing my cookies. Try not to look too deeply into it. It is normal for symptoms to come and go.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    The only symptoms I had with all 3 of my pregnancies was first trimester sore boobs and exhaustion. Once the second trimester hit the only way I knew I was still pregnant was from feeling baby movements (I'm tall, so I barely show - even at 36 weeks).