And this is why I haven't take my new bike out yet.

Options
This is my "home" trail. Bear Creek Lake Park. In the picture on the left, the trail is down there in the trees. It's covered by about 40ft of water on the right. I'd guess 75% of the trails in the area have seen heavy damage from the Colorado Flooding.

1236863_516818828405840_1238595671_n.jpg

*right click -> View image to see the entire thing.

Replies

• ghost15026
    Options
    Wow, total bummer. Sorry to hear that - I've been seeing the new stories all over the media. Stay safe out there.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I hate the rain! Well, sorta
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Great pics. J got halfway down one of the mtn bike trails and had to ride back up the big hill by the dam. Luckily, all the paved paths were ok. This is a shot from the road heading out of the park.

99095d42-0d5b-4cce-a36b-99d1a76273f2_zpsb3268cca.jpg

The "creek" is usually about 20 feet behind that picnic table. Now it's a river all the way across the parking lot.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I got those off the park's facebook sillygoose. Ya know that big pic-nic shelter, high on the hill right next to the damn? It's under about 3 ft of water now.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll ride in all weathers but that we keep even me at home. :(
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me feel like a whimp for not riding in rain that is only falling sideways but not filling the valley with mud. :-)
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Living in SoCal I miss the rain.

But I do not like the idea of that much....
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh no, love the pics!,,, I love wacky crazy weather!, I go out in anything,
    I am a tough, rugged CANADIAN.
  • mdstamand
    mdstamand Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to all those suffering due to flooding in Co. We've had three major flooding events here in Vt over the past two years. Many of our roads are still closed or barely passable. On the plus side, after FEMA and the rest of the feds came through with the $$ we are seeing unprecedented road work and improvements here. Lots of new, wider and better pavement to ride on including some new bike lanes and better marking for bike safety.

I hope you get a chance to ride that new bike soon.