How far will you run in 2013?

Options
What is your running goal for 2013? Do you run for fun, competition, fitness? How long have you been running as part of your exercise regime? If you have run in any races, what has been your funnest race and why? And of course, how many miles have you run this year, and how many do you think you will have logged by the end of 2013?

Replies

• jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well I'm excited to be here :smile: My running goal for 2013 is at this stage as many miles I can get in I did not really have a figure in mind ..I run for fitness but would like to do a fun run at some stage I am still working on endurance ( and lung capacity as recently given up cigarettes) I have incorprated running for awhile although my fitness schedule has been on an off for the last couple of years I am hoping this challenge keeps me on track ..and this year I have run 26.06 mile in 14 Runs as of 19.09.2013
    looking forward to logging more miles
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I only started running properly in January and set myself a goal of completing a half marathon by the end of the year and to do it under 2hours.

24.03.13 Yeovil Half Marathon 1hr 45mins 34secs
    07.04.13 Taunton Half Marathon 1hr 43mins 35secs
    15.09.13 Cheltenham Half Marathon 1hr 38mins 59secs

So that's my half marathon goal.

I am currently training for my first marathon, which will be Amsterdam 20th October, scary times.

So far I have logged about 270miles, I would expect to of logged about 400miles by the end of the year. It should be higher than this but you learn from your mistakes.

I've signed up for Paris Marathon in April and am looking at doing the Midnight Sun Marathon in June in Norway. Also once my shoulder injury has been fixed I'm hoping to enter a Tough Mudder or Spartan event.

So yeah that's me, also I have my own group called 'from plodders to sprinters' if you'd like to join that as well. Basically I just like to be part of active group, to interact and gain advice etc.