What is your personal best?

Options
smccb
smccb Posts: 99 Member
I am doing Stronglifts 5x5 with my husband, so I am not really sure what to expect for myself. He is already passing me after four weeks. I'd like to see what other women have accomplished so I stop comparing myself to him.

What is your height/weight and what is your personal best at . . .

-squat
-dead lift
-overhead press
-bench press
-barbell row

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just starting out on Week 3, Work out #7
    -squat 55lbs
    -dead lift 105lbs
    -overhead press 50lbs

And last week on Work out #6 i did
    -bench press 50lbs
    -barbell row 50lbs on gym set cuz i don't have a good bench seat nor do i have a spotter.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 154 lbs

Squats 90 lbs
    Dead lift 140 lbs
    OHP 50 lbs
    Bench Press 70 lbs
    Barbell Row 75 lbs

I'm on session # 18. I have had to deload and backtrack at times.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am 9 workouts in on about week 3.

squats I am at 77lbs, I will hang here for at least 1 more session. I know I am coming to a point where I will be sacrificing form for more weight.
    Bench 55lbs again I will do at least 1 more session
    Rows and me don't really get on but I am pulling 88lb Pendlay style at the moment - may deload and go back to barbell style
    OHP did 45lb for the first time ever this week, happy with that and will take it slowly up
    Deadlifts 115lb nearly nealy at bodyweight - that is tomorrows job!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just starting out on Week 3, Work out #7.. Im 5'9" and 150lbs on a good day. lol.
    -squat 55lbs
    -dead lift 105lbs
    -overhead press 50lbs

And last week on Work out #6 i did
    -bench press 50lbs on gym set cuz i don't have a good bench seat nor do i have a spotter.
    -barbell row 50lbs
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I am doing Stronglifts 5x5 with my husband, so I am not really sure what to expect for myself. He is already passing me after four weeks. I'd like to see what other women have accomplished so I stop comparing myself to him.

Don't compare yourself to anyone but yourself. Use the numbers from the other ladies as inspiration for what you could do, not what you should do. Their progress is going to be different than yours. If it helps, set goals for yourself, like triple digit bench presses or dead lifting your body weight. It makes the process a lot more fun when you have something to work toward. :flowerforyou:
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've recently had a break and deloaded a fair bit, but before that happened I was at

Squats - 75kg ~ 165lb
    Deadlifts - 85kg ~ 187lb
    Bench - 40kg ~ 88lb
    OHP - 30kg ~ 66lb

Now I'm trying to work back up and smash those PBs.

I hated Pendlays and for a while I was messing around with one arm dumbell rows, inverted bodyweight rows and all sorts. Still not settled on which one I want to do.

Edit: OH and I'm 5'2" and arooound 150lbs.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 127lb at the gym with my clothes and trainers on.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Don't compare yourself to anyone but yourself. Use the numbers from the other ladies as inspiration for what you could do, not what you should do. Their progress is going to be different than yours. If it helps, set goals for yourself, like triple digit bench presses or dead lifting your body weight. It makes the process a lot more fun when you have something to work toward. :flowerforyou:

What checkers said. Also, do not be surprised that your man is making faster progress than you are. Men, especially younger men, are usually more adaptable to this kind of stress than women are. This is why books on training usually recommend switching to microloading at an earlier stage for women. So get some smaller fractional weights so you can continue to work on a linear progression.

Also, information about weights lifted is meaningless if you do not know what a person's sex and body weight (and to some extent height) are. A 170 lb squat is a lot more weight when moved by a 120 lb woman than by a 220 lb man.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off with my lifting but these are my PRs

-squat- 170
    -dead lift- 175
    -overhead press- 60
    -bench press- 90
    -barbell row-70
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job ladies. Haven't posted in a while but I have been lurking.

I did workout B, #40 today. I have taken a week off here and there and have done a few deloads. I am 5'4 @ 150#s and 54yrs young.

Squat 120 lbs
    OHP 70 lbs
    DL 140 lbs
    BP 100 lbs
    Rows 100 lbs

Not sure of my PR. These are just the gains I have made so far. I am not doing the SL's 3x per week but I am doing 3x5 only 2x a week. I was getting burned out and needed variety. I have tailored this to my preference and have still been able to make gains. I have also purchased the book Strong Curves and Drop Two Sizes. Have done every NROL book with the exception of Supercharged, but never completed any of them. Would do maybe 2 to 3 phases and burn out. SL's 5x5 or 3x5 I do believe I can do for life because it is about strength and I want to keep my bones strong. I was happy a few years ago when I had a bone density test I was told that I had the bones of a 25 year-old. I contribute that to lifting weights. But as an earlier poster said, you can't compare what you do to others. Just run your race and that's what I do and I do smile every time I hit a PR.

Not sure which program, Strong Curves or Drop Two Sizes I will be doing next, but I will still be including 5x5 or 3x5 with it. I just like this program. It's simple and I can gauge my progress without having to do other complex moves.

In closing, I am happy to have the opportunity to read how all you strong ladies are doing and I appreciate this forum.
    So ladies, stay strong and have a good day.:wink:
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love strong women (in a respectful, platonic way)...

I lifted a couple months, was injured, had bad asthma for a while, was sick with issues related to previous surgery, got complacent and before I knew it 2 months had passed and I gained TWELVE pounds (getting the ole thyroid rechecked because I am not a glutton and don't think I ate THAT many extra calories- especially when I was sick).

So now I'm still 5'3", 44 years old and up to OVER 150# (and mad at myself for gaining)

So on August 25th, I restarted SL 5X5.

My current lifts are for 5X5

Squat 135 (previous record was 125-yay)
    OHP 60 this matches my previous best
    Deadlift 165 - previous high was 175 BUT form probably sucked and may have contributed to injury sustained elsewhere
    Bench 72.5 previous record 75
    Row- depends on which I try, currently doing bent over rather than Pendlay and do 75 pounds. Previously recorded 85.

So, I'm mostly back to where I left off but being more careful. Bummed that I see no changes in weight or measurements/clothes fitting yet, but trying to be patient (also doing a little cardio/intervals).