Day Ten

Options
Apparently this site is NOT blocked from the computers down here. Wish I'd have known days ago! HAHA. Anyhow, happy first double digit day friends! I sadly haven't been doing as good as I wanted to while traveling. I'm doing wayyyy better than I did the first time I came down here, but have still been over about 100-200 calories both days :/ Will be back home tonight and back to my normal routine. Today, I wanted to share this with everyone. It is so easy to get discouraged when you see your scale move a pound and you think you've been working your butt off. If you look at how much a pound of fat really is, it should make you feel better. Every little bit helps in the end result. Even if your progress is slow, it is still progress. Remind ourselves of that everyday when you feel yourself losing motivation because you aren't exactly where you want to be. Think of how far you've come and how awesome it is that you've succeeded. Don't constantly dwell on the fact that weight doesn't come off like it goes on. It's all about a positive mindset and reminding yourself that even if you're not where you want to be yet, you will be by keeping up your hard work<3.

one+pound+of+fat.jpg

Replies

• Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Such a good thing to remind ourselves of! The weight didn't appear in a day, a week or a month, so it won't disappear that way either. (although I know I wish it would!)

Doing well on my September goal :) I walked today during my lunch break for the second of my three days. I think I'll stick with Mon/Weds/Fri for now, as I like having a "rest" day in between.

Still irritated about my scale, I want to update on Saturday but I have to catch up those 5 lbs, grrrrr.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So far I have met my September goal so I just aimed to lose another 5 lbs by the end of the month.

I feel the cravings kicking in now though because my body hasn't been subjected to it and I see my friends eating it. Fighting the urges and winning so far. Trying to keep my lenient day to Saturday since it is the weekend and the day I try to relax a bit with my focus.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ewwwwwww, yuck! LOL. So glad that pound is off my bod, now its many friends can go , too:)
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah....I have to agree that is NASTY!!! Even though I don't officially weigh in until next Tuesday...I know the scale is moving the right direction (yes, I am a scale freak check it all the time).
  • missbuncle
    missbuncle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My exercise has been skimpy this week, but I have kept the MFP log going for some days now, and that is my main goal. I find for me setting my weight loss goal at a mere 1/2 pound/week makes all the difference to my commitment and my compliance. To lose a pound a week at my age (50s) means I have to eat a joylessly meager amount of calories. It's easier for me to go under a higher calorie goal than to keep to a lower calorie goal.
  • jailbirdjubie
    jailbirdjubie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That fat is nasty.

I'm doing good too... I've been staying on track with my goal and the food consumption has been going pretty well too. I finally made my diary open to my friends, which was kind of scary for me at first because I didn't want people seeing some of the bad choices I made, but I'm realizing that I'll have to be held more accountable for what I've been eating so it's all good!

I just know that if I plan plan plan, I'll have more success.

Happy Thursday everyone!

(If anyone here wants to be friends, just send me an invite!)
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

I just opened my diary a few weeks ago, and it's totally scary at first. I just figure everyone has their over days, just like I do. Plus I love the accountability, as well as being able to look over other diaries for help and inspiration.

I lowered my pound per week goal too, 1200 was just not a good place for me. If I was under it told me I was eating too few calories, and if I was over well yeah, I was just over lol. I am much happier at my 1350 :)

I'll be walking during lunch today and when that's done I will have met my exercise goal for this week! Woohoo!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!