Who's ready for a rant?? Me? okay!

Options
Well yesterday has got to be one of the worst days of my life. It started where I had to go to the dentist because I had this gap in my back teeth and I thought for sure I had a cavity. So I get there and find that I just have a really old filling that came out and he needs to put in a new one. No biggie, sure, lets do this. He gets to numbing up my jaw, nothing too bad, a common occurrence in the dental chair... when suddenly, my whole face burns and my eye gets blurry. I started screaming and kicking to get him to stop and he tells me that "ITS RARE BUT IT DOES HAPPEN," which should just be my moto cause the craziest stuff always happen to me!! Anyways, he said that very rarely, the numbing liquid gets into the optical nerve and makes you feel like a wasp stung you in the eye! Yeah, that about sums up that pain too. So we get that done and over with finally and I head to my doctors.

I had been having some knee issues for a while but when my asthma was getting a to a point where I could barely control it anymore, I finally made an appt. She says that my knee is inflamed and I have to take anti inflammatorys for 10 days and can't work out for that long!! Then she tells me that my lungs are not doing well and she really highly suggests that I go back on singular!! I don't know if I had enlightened you all with that story, but that medicine turned my sweet little eight year old baby into a monster who wanted to hurt people and herself and we had to put up all of our knives, razors, anything she could do harm with to herself or others. I didn't feel anything while on the medicine but it still scares me. However, she said I was in bad shape and she really wants me to reconsider. So now I not only have to take that medicine but I have to hide it from my daughter because it was so hard to convince it wasn't her thinking those bad thoughts, it was the medicine. :(

And to wrap up my "wonderful" day, I had to take my little girl, 6, to the dr for what we thought was her second spider bite. We found out that she was misdiagnosed the first time and that it was a staph infection!! So I had to hold her down as they drained it and she screamed horrible things like, "no please just leave me alone," and "please stop it your hurting," and "please go away and don't hurt me anymore," It was so hard. I cried, held her still, but cried too. She is okay now and going on the right meds to clear it up but it was something that's so hard to watch as a mother.

SO yeah.... worst day ever!!

The only good thing was that Dell came and repaired my computer and it works like it is straight from the box and brand new.

I can't work out! I'm so sad :( 11 days more to finish the shred... I'm considering finishing and then taking the anti inflammatory, but I don't know, prob not the best idea.

Replies

• nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Oh dear... you do have a lot on your plate don't you... I wish I had some enlightening or comforting thoughts on this but I'm definitely overwhelmed here...

You should definitely listen to your doctor on the workout. The shred is really not going anywhere. And I know I've said it before, but if I were you i'd replace my daily shred with a session of meditation. Not sure what your thoughts are on this, I'm generally skeptical of anything (that's probably why I'm a scientist lol) but this stuff actually helps. Just a thought.

If you're so worried about that particular drug, you could always ask for another? Or have you tried alternatives already and didn't work? I heard about Singulair before in a guy's rant about how it's overprescribed while being unsafe and inferior to other asthma drugs (I lurk a lot in grad school forums...).

*Hug*
    I hope things get better for you, it doesn't sound like it could go much worse. And I hope your little one is doing well, poor thing...
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    *Sending internet love and hugs!!*
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    holy crap **hugs**
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Oh honey ***hugs*** I'm so sorry.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    Im sorry to say so but your bad day made me feel like i was crapping out last week and not owning up. Your problems are so much worse, getting my butt back into gear!!

I hope you feel better soon and any bad feelings on your new medicine come off it IMMEDIATELY.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Honestly I think I could of handled all of it, but that 10 mins while the doctor was harming (I know he had to) my child was too much. She asked me when we were done, how I could let him do that to her, and if I hear her calling for me? Broke my heart.

Well I slept pretty much all day yesterday after work, my body was just a mess and needed it. Started taking all the new meds, I will definitely stop the singular if I have any abnormal thoughts or feelings. At least I know what to look for.

My daughter, Sarah, seems to be doing a lot better. She isn't thrilled about the antibiotics she has to take but the bump is just about gone and should be the last one!

Can't really eat much since my jaw is swollen but at least my vision is clear again :)

Trying to get back to that positive thinking, at least its Friday!