Day Three

Options
Good morning and happy Wednesday to all my fabulous, motivated friends :D
I think day two's post went great! Still a lot of members of this group who haven't posted their goals yet. If you haven't, I really encourage you to do so. After all, we can't be a supportive group to one another if we don't know anything about you. I see a lot of really good goals listed and think we should focus our energy on those for right now.
For those with food/logging-related goals, what are some ways you plan to achieve your goals?
For those with exercise-related goals, what will you use to keep yourself motivated to meet your goals?
I think it's best to establish roadblocks ahead of time, therefore not giving them the chance to get in your way.
As I half mentioned in yesterday's post, my biggest issue in logging and being under/at my calorie goal is either due to night-time eating (which I see I'm not alone with!) or weekend overeating. I don't get home from work until 1130 or midnight. But when I get home, I don't go right to sleep. I'm usually up for a few hours so naturally my mind goes to having a snack. If I'm under my calories, there's really no reason I couldn't have a healthy, lite snack. But if I have one thing, it opens the door to having whatever I want. And I know it's completely a boredom issue, not a hunger issue.
Knowing that's what I face at nights, I've bought myself a variety pack of fruity, herbal teas. Flavorful, no calories and they're very calming to help me sleep (another issue I face!) While this may not be a winner for everyone, this is the best solution I've got for week nights.
Now for weekends. I am on the go so frequently that I don't know what I'll be doing or where I'll be going, so I use that as an excuse to not log. I personally like to pre-log my whole day in advance, either the night before or the morning of. This way I know what I can eat and I don't stray if I get the foods I want without being excessive. So to combat weekends, I think the best decision I can make for myself for now is to log everything, no matter what. And if I go out to dinner, make healthy choices. Don't get the big meal with the fried sides and wash it down with a few drinks. That very well could be my whole day's worth of calories in a meal. But when I don't log it, I pretend it doesn't exist. But that mentality stops me from being successful, so I'm going to work at it. I can definitely try to eat my meals at home and have stuff on hand to take with me too so that if I'm out and I get hungry, I don't have to resort to junk.
What about you guys? What have you learned about your bad habits and what can you do to combat them that works for you to be successful on your goals?
PS. This is my favorite motivational image. I hope you all like it too :D

fit-stop-giving-up_zps7d9c7028.jpg

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love your post and I am very tired of starting over, we can definitely get it this time
  • jailbirdjubie
    jailbirdjubie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal was to get exercise five days a week, so that will definitely take some planning. Ideally, I'd like to get this in Monday thru Friday, because weekends are busy and I don't want to have to try to fit it in then. So I really have to plan ahead... take tonight, for example. I like to go for a walk after dinner, but tonight I have a parents meeting at my daughter's school until 8:30. By then I'll be tired and not interested in walking (and it's dark by then and I don't like to go out by myself in the dark). So, I'm going to have to try to fit it in earlier. It can be done, I just need to plan, and I think that's the whole key to success: try to plan as much as possible. And stick to the plan!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • delano1972
    delano1972 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So day two wasn't too bad...I did have a snack that I really didn't need last night, but I did not binge. I was under my calorie goal so I shouldn't feel as guilty as I do.

I love todays motivation....perfect!!! I am an all-or-nothing type of person and I need to work on that as well. If I eat healthy I exercise, if I binge I am lazy and make excuses for not exercising. I generally walk/job at night, we have two big dogs who keep me company and offer protection (I am in a good neighborhood so I probably don't need protection, but they sure offer a sense of security).

I also plan meals ahead and log everything in the mornings when I am putting together my food for the day. I carb-cycle so I have to prepare everything in advance in order to stay on track. When I am at work it is a lot easier then when I am at home, not as many temptations I guess.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Michelle
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Today I went for a lunchtime stroll, and going for a run when I get home from work (started the C2 5K program over again). This weekend will be a struggle as I just found out we are going to St.Louis to a beer fest. What the crap?!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Today I went for a lunchtime stroll, and going for a run when I get home from work (started the C2 5K program over again). This weekend will be a struggle as I just found out we are going to St.Louis to a beer fest. What the crap?!

Arggg, those types of festivals are so hard to manage! I keep thinking of how am I going to resist so many of the goodies that I know will be available at all the fall festivals I want to attend - and then it is Oktoberfest time, too! My only saving graces right now are that I cannot have dairy products, like at all, and I don't do products with gluten. But, there are all kinds of other wonderful items out there....:( Good luck with the C2 5K program, I have heard alot about it. I wish I could run but it feels so uncomfortable to me.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've completed the C2 5k program once before, and was running 5k every other morning before work, but excuse after excuse had me not running anymore. Feels good sweating again!
  • countrygal6464
    countrygal6464 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well today was day one for me, I didn't do as well as I would have liked. I wasn't prepared at all. My work day was weird and so I have a not so great breakfast, no lunch and two home made cheese burgers for dinner. BUT I am definitely prepared for tomorrow. I have salads made and am working a shift where I will actually get a lunch hour. Preparing foods ahead of time is key for me. Feeling better but knowing I still have a ways to go. My goal is to not snack in evenings. Oh and to try to drink more water, had 7 glasses today, much better than normal
  • GemmieH
    GemmieH Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well as I started my goal mid way through yesterday there was no surprise that I did not stay below my goal calories and I did not log everything - bad first day.

So I am going to count today as my first real day so as I am aware of it from the beginning. Here goes. Dedication.
  • missbuncle
    missbuncle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My job includes some entertaining. I'm taking someone out to lunch today, in his town and at a restaurant of his choosing. My plan is to look at the menu online before I leave (if I have time) and have a selection or two in mind that won't eat up all my meager daily calories in one sitting.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My job includes some entertaining. I'm taking someone out to lunch today, in his town and at a restaurant of his choosing. My plan is to look at the menu online before I leave (if I have time) and have a selection or two in mind that won't eat up all my meager daily calories in one sitting.

Great strategy! I'll be going out of town for work for a few days next week, so I think I'll use this also to make sure I can stay healthy while I'm away.
  • tizztam
    tizztam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not eating deep fried food has already been challenging, you don't really realize just how much food is deep fried? Take yesterday as an example, I had a fair amount of calories left over and we were getting subway for dinner. I LOVE dill pickle chips and thought it would be awesome to have some as I have the calories. But then I remembered that I have made a goal so baked chips it was.

Then at lunch I had to give up my chicken fingers at my fav restraunt. That was hard
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Not eating deep fried food has already been challenging, you don't really realize just how much food is deep fried? Take yesterday as an example, I had a fair amount of calories left over and we were getting subway for dinner. I LOVE dill pickle chips and thought it would be awesome to have some as I have the calories. But then I remembered that I have made a goal so baked chips it was.

Then at lunch I had to give up my chicken fingers at my fav restraunt. That was hard

Omitting certain foods has been the hardest hurdle for me to overcome, but I have done it and if I can do it, anyone can. I really mean that as my love for dairy products, fresh breads, etc, etc ran very deep, lol! I can tell you this, after about a week (that is when your body has literally detoxed) it is more of a mind game, then after about a month, if you have found healthy options, then your cravings are all but gone and the mind games are very infrequent. The other day my husband was putting cheese onto his sandwich for lunch and I had a trigger, but I walked away and enjoyed my morning smoothie instead.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Omitting certain foods has been the hardest hurdle for me to overcome, but I have done it and if I can do it, anyone can. I really mean that as my love for dairy products, fresh breads, etc, etc ran very deep, lol! I can tell you this, after about a week (that is when your body has literally detoxed) it is more of a mind game, then after about a month, if you have found healthy options, then your cravings are all but gone and the mind games are very infrequent. The other day my husband was putting cheese onto his sandwich for lunch and I had a trigger, but I walked away and enjoyed my morning smoothie instead.

Great reminder, Joy! Being healthy is a choice and a lot of it is mental. You have to mentally remind yourself that you aren't hungry when you want to eat for no reason and remind yourself why you aren't going to have certain things. After so long of telling yourself these things, it becomes habit. Like the bad habits started to begin with!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Feeling great! I know im a little behind the rest of you.lol.