I've been on MFP for years....now getting sleeved

Options
I tried calorie restriction with some success over the years but I never got to a decent weight. I'm 46 years old and would like to be a normal weight, and wear normal and cute clothes for the next half of my life. My surgery will be on October 8th!

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I was sleeved 2 years ago and can honestly say this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Remember, it's a lifelong journey, so be patient with yourself. Good luck with the surgery and send a friend request if you're interested.
  • sarahslayer
    sarahslayer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm about 3 years out now. My ticker just shows the 15 lbs I put back on... Overall, I've lost about 70 lbs. I had the same reasoning, I wanted to enjoy the 2nd half of my life at a 'normal' weight wearing 'normal' clothes. Good luck! I have absolutely no regrets!!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    same here, been on MFP for years with little to no success using the traditional methods. Was sleeved 6 months ago, down about 55 lb so far. Best decision I have ever made. NOt without its challenges, but so worth it.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I also dieted for years and lost and gained using every method possible. I have absolutely no regrets about having my sleeve. It was the best decision I've ever made and it has been life changing in many ways.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You'll find lots of support here. I'm 11 weeks out from surgery and very happy with my decision. I'm down 55 lbs since my pre-op visit.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I'm 2.5 months out from surgery this coming Monday, and my only regret is that I waited this long. It's a long process and is not without its challenges, but I feel very fortunate to have this tool to help me on my journey.

Good luck and you will do great! :)
  • ChrisTina_Fisher
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I had the VSG 02-18-2013 and don't regret it! My ticker reflects the total I have lost since 10-16-2012! I have lost 128# since surgery, though! Good luck to you! :-)
  • Dezi09087
    Options
    Ooooh your surgery date is so close!!! I tried for years always lost but always gained it back. I had my VSG on 8/19/13 so about 6 weeks out and I love it. I have lost about 24 pounds but the one thing is that I feel like I'm getting my life back. I feel so much happier.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!