September final weeks -- September 16 to 30

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Check-in here for:
September Week 4 5 and 6 (Sunday 09/16 - Sunday 09/30)
Remember, folks, there's a new system for recording your numbers -- you'll need to visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

http://is.gd/MFPseptember
(that's a shortened version of the full link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdF9PUUhKTE1vRHJ0OWU4R3hJdzhvdmc&usp=sharing )

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for September. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet if you have any questions!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )
Sept_MFP.png

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Beautiful morning for a run here in North Carolina. Sunny skies and about 57 degrees. I ran 12 miles with 5 members of my running club and had fantastic conversation the whole way. Picked it up for the last couple miles.

Week 3: 46.9

MTD: 105.9
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Awesome weather for a run here today too! I ran the best 8 miles I've run since summer started. It must be something in the air, because all of my runner friends have made the same comment! I don't know if it is temperature, oxygen content, or air quality, but it is most welcome!

exercise.png
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Here's a recap of my week. It was a (slight) cut back week having raced last Sunday.

M - 5.1
    T - Rest
    W - 7
    H - 9.1
    F - 8.2+5.1=13.3
    S - 10.2
    S - 20

WTD - 64.7
    MTD - 141.5

Big week coming up next week.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Missed this thread and posted in old thread :flowerforyou:

Here is my update:

:love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :glasses:

I like (no :heart: ) this new google doc system - thanks Dave :flowerforyou: , it is really nice to see everyone's progress every day, and how you accomplish your weekly mileage.

It picks me up to see progress at this granularity (daily).:glasses:

-- I did a 15K today at a 8:33 average pace (1:19:45 time according to my Garmin). I am super happy b/c my 10K and distances above have not been good at all this year, so this is finally a pace where I was in 2012.

The course was slightly hilly, but not too bad, and my mind zonked out at the last 2 miles even though I do think I had the fitness to keep my earlier pace. Still the final time made me super happy and feeling energized. [it may be b/c I did not supplement with gel, not sure about that ?).

I cooled down later on, on the treadmill watching the first episode of "Annika Bengtzon: Crime Reporter", for another 7.5 miles and that felt really nice and relaxing. Great show for the tread -b/c it makes me RUN :drinker: :bigsmile:

Another week of 40 + miles YAY! Slightly worried I am doing too much too quickly, but I am really trying to be aware what my body is telling me, and right now it is saying keep doing what I am doing.

Second week of 40+ ever! feeling I am getting there.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Great job j_courter! maybe it is *you* and simply b/c you are getting more fit!! YAY!

Carson that is an awesome week! WOW! can't wait to see nexst week :glasses:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Dave that is really an impressive mileage as well! And I love group runs!
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sprained my ankle badly last Sunday while running downhill on a bridge. Did a slow and easy 5.1 miles today. Still hoping to make my goal for the month!

exercise.png
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good job to everyone! I am still trying to work my mileage back up since the accident. It's been a long eight weeks. :/ Since my full marathon training was sidelined, I am just trying to get back to my normal half-marathon running base.

9/15 - 8.25 miles
    9/16 - 11 miles

Happy running, friends!
  • j_courter
    Options
    Cooriander- great pace on that 15k! i'm guessing a little energy gel at or around minute 45 would have been very helpful for those last two miles. i find that if i go much over an hour and ten minutes, i'm needing the gels to keep pace and mental clarity. (and i'm nowhere near as fast as you!) keep up the great work!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_court! I think you are right! My brain really played tricks on my and I was not really sane at the end LOL. so true! My brain was telling me that 15K was 9.6 miles instead of 9.3M... so WEIRD (now in retrospect). But I am glad that happened because now I can mitigate that better.

I am getting scared for my first marathon :embarassed: .... I have only done 16.6 miles so far for a long run and that is with 3-5 minute break in between each 6 miles or so .... So not a continuous 17 miler (rounding).

I am considering trying for 18M long run this weekend, I realize that is not optimal (because it is close to the 14 days of tapering). Would it really be terrible to do this? I think it will help my confidence. Thoughts???
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    j_court! I think you are right! My brain really played tricks on my and I was not really sane at the end LOL. so true! My brain was telling me that 15K was 9.6 miles instead of 9.3M... so WEIRD (now in retrospect). But I am glad that happened because now I can mitigate that better.

I am getting scared for my first marathon :embarassed: .... I have only done 16.6 miles so far for a long run and that is with 3-5 minute break in between each 6 miles or so .... So not a continuous 17 miler (rounding).

I am considering trying for 18M long run this weekend, I realize that is not optimal (because it is close to the 14 days of tapering). Would it really be terrible to do this? I think it will help my confidence. Thoughts???

18 should be fine. Just take is nice and easy and go easy next week as well.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Thanks Carson! Your take on this eases my mind on this.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    17 Sep 6.59miles
    WTD 6.59 miles
    MTD 79.13 miles

Cooriander - wow good luck for your marathon. My first coming up in November. I think the head is the part that needs the training :bigsmile:
  • Leanz
    Options
    18 Sep 3.3 miles Hill repeats!!!!!
    WTD 9.89 miles
    MTD 82.43 miles
  • runningchick70
    runningchick70 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cooriander - 18 miles would be a good plan for you this weekend. Like Carson said, make it a relaxed pace. Then take it easy until the marathon day. Good luck!

9/17- 4.5 miles
    9/18 - 5 miles
    MTD: 76.96 miles

Happy running!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I upped my goal from 150 to 200 miles. The weather has been much nicer then expected when the original goal was set, hopefully it'll stay nice the rest of the month.

Btw, I really like the new system!
  • j_courter
    Options
    9/18- 4.6 miles... hill sprint day. ouch.

exercise.png

i'd better get some miles in. we're over halfway through the month! i'm hoping for a 20 miler this weekend, so that should help.
  • Leanz
    Options
    20 Sep 5 miles
    WTD 14.89 miles
    MTD 87.43 miles
  • Leanz
    Options
    22 Sept 8.82 miles
    WTD 23.71 miles
    MTD 96.25 miles