First Spartan Race.

Options
Yesterday I woke up on my day off from work and of course got really comfy on the couch with my pup in my pjs to watch Grey's Anatomy for the morning. The few days before I was feeling pretty ill. Lazy day! Did my usual lazy set up with my pillow, blanket, and my laptop. Didn't bother to make breakfast, just grabbed a bottle of water. First things first, check facebook. My boyfriend wrote on my wall.. Humm.. He doesn't usually do that. Read as follows ... "Good Morning!! Hope you are feeling better...I signed us up for the Spartan Sprint in June!". He thought I would not be ok with it, but actually I was pretty freaking stoked!

I have been out of shape for a few years now. At my highest I was 245 lbs, then after almost 2 years of hard work I got down to 160 lbs. Did not keep that happiness for too long. Life happens, and I gained it all back but 5 lbs very slowly over 5 years. Cycles of trying to lose it.. go down 10 lbs .. back up 20. The past month I have switched to the paleo eating lifestyle for the most part, but did not pick back up the weights. I lost 10 lbs in that month. I have 40 weeks to train for the race. I will train for the race. My goal is to get around 140lbs. I want to be fit and bad *kitten*, not skinny. So a number on the scale at the end of it all isn't something i'm worried about.

I can't wait! So happy he signed us up for this! =))

Has anyone else done one of the races? Tips would be great!

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

I did one two weeks ago at 192lb - get both upper body strength workouts and running in. It is hard work but also great fun - I've got a Tough Mudder in just under 3 weeks so training for that now.

Good luck and Enjoy
  • Ichigo2012
    Ichigo2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    June is pretty far away, you've got tons of time to prepare, keep us posted when it's getting close!
  • KatMarieLivinG
    KatMarieLivinG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just heard about the Tough Mudder. Looks like so much fun! I want to do that one too.
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Did my first Spartan Race a couple weeks ago at Killington Mountain in VT. It was 14 miles & 25 obstacles and I didn't actually finish. I feel proud that I got to about mile 7. It was crazy. Im gonna try it again next year as well as maybe some of the smaller ones.

Mark

feel free to add me to your friends list
  • Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 189 lbs and have done a Tough Mudder and a Spartan Sprint this year.
    You can definitely do it! A lot is state of mind. I could probably have done some more strength training but I got round and LOVED them both!
    Good Luck!
    Lx
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Iv done 3 beast this year a super and a sprint so far. I still have a double beast weekend at the Texas Beast. Its more mental than physical and pushing yourself past your limits. Aroo!!