Whats your downfall?

Options
rld247
rld247 Posts: 12 Member
My downfall is cheese. I love cheese with everything, but it has so many calories in it. I'm finding if I dont add the chesse I dont like my food. Whats everyone elses downfall, and anyone got any suggestions how I can make my food taste good without the cheese?

Replies

• lizzydora
    lizzydora Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My downfall is crisps....can't have just one pack either :-(
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Grate a small amount of parmesan on top??

However, how you got in the habit of having cheese with everything is beyond me....... :laugh:

Perhaps just go cold turkey and recognise that food tastes good without it?

As you can tell, I'm not a cheese fan at all.......a bit of cheddar every now and again and I'm good.

Now, if we're talking chocolate and ice cream, I'm your gal :bigsmile:

Still, I just eat them both in moderation now. Although last night I had a massive urge for a packet of chocolate eclairs!!

Weird.........as I've not had those in years......:huh:

Good luck with the cheese :flowerforyou:
  • rld247
    rld247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL, funnily enough I have always eaten loads of chocolate, but the decision to get healthy was enough for me to be able to really cut that back. But foods like omelettes, salads, beans on toast jacket potatoes, just dont like them without cheese. Also cheesy mash, cheese on top of cottacge pies, lasagnes etc, need to put loads of cheese on to taste it.
    I even grate cheese into my soup., dont like it without cheese, :-(
  • 123madmax
    Options
    FOOD in all it wonderful glory is my downfall.
    I eat when I am happy,sad,board,angry and even sometimes when I am hungry. Which is why I am back here needing to lose about 6 stone !!
    I am now tracking everything I eat and have started to blog on here about my day to day life, not very exciting I know but I need the discipline of it. If you want to have a look and find out about my little my life here is the link. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/123madmax , I am blogging about food, exercise and the weather, well I am British and what else would I "talk" about??
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    butter.

I've managed really well with everything else - cut down on the wine drinking; cut down on sweet stuff, cut down on bread, cut right down on snacks and nibbles.

But I can't seem to bring myself to cut down on butter. I put it on bread of course, but I like to put it on pasta and rice and steamed veg and fish that I bake as well. And mushrooms taste much better fried in butter than fried in oil.

It's not just the calories, it's the saturated fat! Too too much. :ohwell:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my thing too. I had to cut it down loads when in 1200 a day
    Now I make sure I buy the strong stuff and use little.
    Also weigh it in 10g portions for a mini cheeseboard with crackers.
    Also use laughing cow blue cheese triangles quite a bit as low calorie and tasty!
    Mash strong cheese into low cal soft cheese for flavour not cals too
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, cake, ice cream, biscuits, danish pastries

Mhm, still enjoy them all in moderation though!
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    'Friends' and going out with, or staying in with... So I am going to become a hermit... :-)

Plus Chocolate & doughnuts!
  • spll50
    spll50 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Biscuits and crisp, chocolate ,beer, wine the list is endless really struggling.
  • kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mine is Indians I have one every Sunday I love it :happy: . Sunday is the only day I don't count calories, I know I would lose weight quicker if I cut these out. But would make me miserable so one day a week I don't mind.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    FOOD in all it wonderful glory is my downfall.
    I eat when I am happy,sad,board,angry and even sometimes when I am hungry.

This is me too! I have an unnaturally large appetite normally and am even worse after running!

I'm also a bit of a cheese fiend... I find strong cheese allow you to use a bit less, and using the really fine grater means it'll go further when you top things with it. Also, you can make a surprisingly good pasta sauce with light Philadelphia/similar. Don't bother with Quark though...tastes of nowt!
  • njspratt
    Options
    You could try Low Low or Primula Light instead of actual cheese. It's great in mashed potato and also as a quick pasta sauce :-)

My downfall is being lazy and not planning my meals. It also ends up being expensive as my hubby doesn't like defrosting meat in the microwave (!) so he'd rather go out and buy fresh chicken or minced beef as we're rubbish at remembering to take it out of the freezer for the following night's dinner!

We've also got into a terrible habit of having takeaways, so much so that I was too embarrassed to answer the door to the delivery man! lol
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    My downfall is bread in all it's forms. I just love it and can easily knock out 4 slices of toast when i get in from work before deciding what to cook for tea
  • Mrslldavies
    Mrslldavies Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Onion rings (crisps) and chocolate are mine- can't just have a few end up eating the whole packet!
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Used to be savoury (crisps, pastry etc), but now seems to be becoming more sweet things.

I've had a craving for Nutella for a few weeks now... and just recently I ate 4 Cadbury's Caramel bars in one day. :blushing: I wouldn't mind another 4 now though.. :laugh:
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    well cooked, squidgy ginger :)
  • njspratt
    Options
    My downfall is bread in all it's forms. I just love it and can easily knock out 4 slices of toast when i get in from work before deciding what to cook for tea

Oh yes!! Bread. Love it. Deffo bread and butter whilst cooking dinner... *drools like Homer*
  • hougt
    Options

Oh yes!! Bread. Love it. Deffo bread and butter whilst cooking dinner... *drools like Homer*
    or when you get that freshly baked uncut loaf and cut a massive wedge mmmmmmmmmm
  • njspratt
    Options
    Oh yes! The other day, I discovered Asda's chilli tiger bread, completely by accident. Lush. Would be fab with soup...
  • hougt
    Options
    Chilli Tiger bread sounds amazing! Some really thick slices, smothered in lurpack, and dipped into a nice tasty soup. Sounds ideal