Meal Plan

Options
So what're you're ideas for diet and exercise until Thanksgiving?

Replies

• jhinae26
    jhinae26 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Drinking water before eating. Half of every meal be veggies. Strength 3x and cardio 5x a week. Hoping these things become a habit after 2 mths.
  • j150allen
    Options
    Keeping below my calorie budget with healthy calories. I also think it is time to start including some 'formal" exercise to my daily routine. My job is physical and I stay active but I don't think I am challenging my body enough. I think I will dust off the treadmill tomorrow:wink:
  • Julie3ang
    Options
    I plan to burn at least 500 exercise calories a day. I cannot start until 2. Week of oct due to surgery but I think I can do it with motivation. I can stay under 1200 calories until I can exercise. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting back on my weight loss journey, but my goal is to be more accountable for what I put in my mouth. Logging everything will be a biggie. I'm the mom who is eating what their kids are leaving behind, or just standing and munching what they are while chatting. Got to break that habit for sure!
  • norcar72
    norcar72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to record my intake diligently, stay within my calorie range and exercise 4-5 times a week. WE CAN DO IT!
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am going to stop "falling off the wagon" every weekend. I do a decent job Mon-Fri but come Saturday I lose all motivation and effort. I decided to make a week day my single day off from exercise so I get in some sort of workout on both Saturday and Sunday.
  • freenaa
    freenaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 39th birthday...here's to doing something different this year and stopping the yo-yo dieting. :ohwell:
  • freenaa
    freenaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you there! No more chicken nuggets and fish sticks. ;-)
  • Grafakos
    Grafakos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No specific meal plan, just aiming to stay below my calorie budget and take one good 2-3 hour hike every weekend. Had to sit out this weekend to babysit my cat who just got out of surgery but should be back on the trail next weekend.
  • lmbrockman
    lmbrockman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting tomorrow morning. I will eat more vegetables and keep track of my calories. I am also planning on exercising daily and not letting weekends get in the way of my progress. One day at a time we can do this!!!! 15 pounds off by Thanksgiving.
  • jmorris7156
    jmorris7156 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just trying to say within my calorie limits. No exercise. I am getting shots in my knee, want to put of a total knee replacement as long as I can. I am starting tomorrow also.
  • shl_kgbn
    shl_kgbn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stay in my calorie budget. I am running 3-4 days a week. Don't really have a specific meal plan, but do try to get the protein in. I find that it keeps me satisfied longer.
  • moreaboutlove
    Options
    No specific meal plan as of yet, I went shopping already for two weeks worth of food. So basically just smaller portiations than usual and healthier options for snacks. . I too have the same problem keeping my hands off the little one's leftovers and not properly logging it in!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd be fine but for snaking and grazing throughout the day! Less of that!

Increase exercise... More protein...more water.
  • gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try more protein, less carbs and sugar...more exercise.
  • chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Morn, cut up fresh fruits in morn and a slimfast, coffee & cremora
    Exersice 1 hour outside if possible, walk, kayak, or stretches
    Lunch: salad with fresh vegetables no creamy dressing)
    Dinner: Carb or some sort (rice, couscous, noodle, potato or beans), vegetables, palm size of meat or fish
    Snack: nuts, slimfast, nutritional bar or popcorn or lowcal jello .
    Water 5-6 large glasses
    Reporting Daily and working on lowing cholestrol and fat.
  • Joypm9
    Joypm9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started by tracking everything I have eaten today. I walked 4 miles at a brisk pace. Day 1 has been concurred! I will take each day as it comes and forget yesterday and look forward to tomorrow. With any luck those will be the keys to my success. I have lost 100 lbs in the past and yo-yo with 10-20 pounds ... up and down. Looking forward to just getting it off,keeping it off and moving forward.
  • Bvgari123
    Bvgari123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its all that little stuff that creeps up and prevents you from loosing the weight. It's pretty annoying. LoL Best of luck
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    started off the week eating "Clean". I know it is a lot of things to a lot of people, but to me it is nothing I can pronounce or overly processed. Making oatmeal (whole oats) with cinnamon and fruit and 2 egg whites with homemade salsa. Lunch, salad with a grilled chicken breast, tomatoes and my hubby's homemade roasted tomato vinaigrette. Dinner, fish with roasted broccoli. For dessert, I have almond milk smoothie with banana and pb. Got rid of the diet cokes all together and just drinking coffee with almond milk in the morning and water the rest of the day.
  • kimberlyhenrie
    Options
    I am using the Vitality for Life Challenge plan - my supplements should arrive today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, it's 8 glasses of water per day, 3 meals, 2 snacks, a focused effort on protein and fiber. Fiber is tougher than protein, I have to do it with dinner (due to medication schedule) and for some reason I resist that. When I do the fiber, water and protein I lose more weight. So, I'll keep on trying :-)