Controlling Eating

Options
I have a really hard time controlling my eating, like I'm just hungry all the time. I try to drink a lot of water and fill up on fruits and veggies, chew gum, etc. Does anyone have any other tips?

Replies

• UnbelievableL
    UnbelievableL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat real food!s! Also add in protein... Nuts, meats and such. They keep you fuller longer! I add fruit to low fat cottage cheese or Greek yogurt when I crave something sweet.
  • rugget1971
    rugget1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to MFP, I do like this challenge. I'm in
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily have a tip. But I can completely relate. This might sound pretty awful and maybe not the best advice but I have just gotten use to be hungry. I try to exercise daily so I have a little "wiggle room" (a few extra calories to eat).
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    For me it's protein. I can't handle being hungry, I have no willpower. A piece of cheese helps me so much more than a fruit. Although I love fruit, it just leaves me hungry again in 20 minutes. Light cheese sticks, those little round Babybel things, or just a piece of regular cheese (my favorite is Gruyere.) Possibly with an apple or cucumber. Nothing is quite as satisfying for me as that :) But also a cup of coffee or tea with skim milk staves off hunger. Or a piece of chicken - though of course it's not always convenient. That's another point for cheese sticks and mini-rounds.
  • lweston2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments! The funny thing is that I pretty much eat ALL healthy, whole foods - fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, yogurt, nuts, whole grains, etc. I just eat too much of it. I think I do need to just get used to the feeling of being hungry again. When that happens I will try to remind myself that it's my body adjusting and drink more water. Think I might also try roasting up a bunch of chicken breasts and shredding the meat and keeping that in the fridge to nibble on. Great ideas everyone, thanks!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Try eating 5 or 6 small meals a day but staying under your calorie goal maybe spacing them out about 3 or 4 hours apart
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I totally get, i've just returned to uni so i'm a little more hungry now, just i just keep on drinking water and it usually does the trick!