UK Insanity People!

Options
Are there any other mad UK people doing Insanity?!

How you finding it?!

What day you on?!

Share tips... :o)

Replies

• UK Insanity person here. On my 2nd round. Am not doing it every day but I am doing all the workouts. Gone a bit anal with it TBH, tracking calories burned via HRM each time and % way through the overall program and so on on a spreadsheet. I find it quite a good way of motivating myself to see it through, but I am quite technically minded and enjoy tracking things like this

In terms of fitness, I am continuing to see great benefits, getting some ncie toning and good steady weight loss. Last time round I lost 6 inches off my waist, don't think I'll get the same this time but any improvement is a positive in my book. Not following the eating plan, I found a way of eating that works well for me so am sticking with that.
  • leehudson1
    leehudson1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 14, rest day today. !!

Feel free to add me we can encourage each other through it.

Think i'm addicted to the workouts already :o)
  • Callie_Wallie_Woo
    Options
    Wow! Round 2! I hope to get like that as well :o) I have just done day 15, 2nd Fitness Test. Much improved on previous numbers. Also lost 3lbs and 0.5 inch off my waist, hips and each thigh and 0.25 inch off each calf. Quite please with that!
  • I'm sure you can get onto Round 2, and 3 and 4 and more! Its not easy, the Max workouts in month 2 are really tough but month 1 will set you up for it. Just focus and go, as Shaun likes to say!

Aside from the health benefits, another positive side-effect I've found is massive boost in motivation. I remember during Round 1 feeling completely in the zone, super-motivated and just eating all the right food and never having anything unhealthy. It was like "well I'm doing Insanity so whats the point of wasting it with a slice of cake or a packet of crisps?" Then when I finished Round 1, the motivation slipped back quite noticeably. I would have the odd chocholate biscuit, bottle of lager etc. Now being back on it again, I've found that motivation has come back again and I'm totally in the zone. I guess the effort needed to complete a workout is so much that you dont want to have wasted it all with bad food. Shaun T really is a great motivator. My kids think he's hilarious - "That man just shouts at you all the time daddy!" but then "Daddy, you look so thin!" makes it all worth while.
  • leehudson1
    Options
    I have to agree Shaun t is a great trainer, my son also likes watching me being beasted by him on a daily basis, I ordered Shaun t's fit kids club but it came snapped so still don't know if its any good waiting for a replacement, but before its even arrived its had a positive affect on his attitude to exercise and he can't wait for it to get here, had to get it from the american beachbody as the UK one doesn't do it.
  • Callie_Wallie_Woo
    Options
    I'm not being quite as strict with my eating. I count every calorie I have and I am really good during the week, but I believe in everything in moderation. So it was my other half's birthday last week and I baked a cake. The slice I had was tiny, but so worth it! I am a massive foodie and my other half cooks amazing meals so I have what he has cooked, but a small portion. If I want chocolate I have chocolate, but its only the really good stuff and a small piece just to give me what I need. Shaun is really motivating and I am really enjoying the workouts (this morning was tough though - didnt want to get out of bed!) I do mine in the mornings before work, then Monday I go to a Pilates Class in the evening, Tuesday I go to a Class (step, boxing, etc) at lunch where I work and Wed/Thurs/Fri I try (work depending) fit in a run at lunchtime. I dont have any kids at the moment, but my cats love getting in the way!!! :oD
  • leehudson1
    Options
    Lol my cat hides behind the curtain peeking her head round with a look that can be nothing other than WTF!!!

Sounds like you are putting in some serious training what sort of calorie intake do you aim for, are you keeping check of your macros at all? I have a fairly active job and worked out my intake needs to be ~ 3100 kcals I aim for 40(c)40(p)20(f) on the macros I'm trying to lose some so only have 2450 kcal a day but on some days I'm just too hungry and have a little more.

:o)
  • Callie_Wallie_Woo
    Options
    What is Macros?

I burn about 400 cals doing Insanity, about 250 cals doing Pilates, about 500 cals doing my Class and about 300 cals on a run. I eat around 1510 cals per day (thats what MFP calculated me to eat). I dont have an active job - sit at a desk most the day! :o)
  • leehudson1
    Options
    Its a breakdown of where your calories are coming from carbs/proteins/fats You can adjust the proportions of each on here by going into the goals tab and changing the % of each in your diary which would be an idea as the preset setting on here is far to low in protein for someone doing insanity. It also depends on your goals if you wanted to bulk up a little you might up your protein to 45 and drop carbs down to 35 but that would be an awful lot of protein to get through every day!
  • Callie_Wallie_Woo
    Options
    Thanks Lee :o)
  • sez8288
    sez8288 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started insanity on Mon 16th, so day 5 today. I love the workouts even though I cant keep up lol.

I am struggling with the nutrition, I calculated (using the equation in the nutrition plan) that I need 1890calories, that seems like so much! I am not following the nutrition plan because I know I wont stick to it for 60days if I do that. But I am trying to eat healthily.

How are you all finding the nutrition side of things?

My muscles ache loads too! haha but no pain no gain right?!
  • roxigirl89
    roxigirl89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am on week No 3 now. So far i like it the program. Did my second test yesterday and there is some improvement however since starting Insanity i gained 2 pounds and inches i gained stead loosing inches i gain little bit in my legs ( which i very annoying as my jeans don't feel very comfortable now).

I have changed my macros to 40/40/20 bit i am struggling with protein intake. I don't mind eating meat - but there is so much my body can take in.

No sore muscles so far, felt my legs only once - after my Fit Test. I think I was expecting more after reading reviews.
  • Paula5130
    Paula5130 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I HAVE insanity, need to up my game and give it a go again. Is there a challenge involved or is the challenge to complete it and still be breathing?
  • leehudson1
    Options
    The thing with insanity and other home exercise plans is you get out what you put in, the challenge is to push yourself as hard as you can, first work on form making sure you do every exercise completely correctly those little shortcuts that let you do more faster stop the correct muscles being worked properly. Once you have the form down speed up as much as you can if you're not relived when the exercise changes and you move on to punish a different group of muscles then you need to really hammer the exercises in. remember it's designed so people at all levels of fitness can benefit from it, work at 100% especially at the point when told to go as fast as you can and you'll know you've had a good work out at the end and feel the benefits. When your hurting with 15 seconds of an exercise remaining keep going full pelt, remember pain is weakness leaving the body, push it out hard! :o)