Austin Group

Options
2»

Replies

• ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just joined the Group, but I have been a member for a few years. I'm in North Austin Braker and I-35 area.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am in South Austin off Slaughter and 35. I have used MFP in the past and did great... then went through breast cancer in 2010 (all good now) but between recovery from that and then just being lazy and too much BBQ and beer, I am back on here needing to lose about 30 pounds or so. If anyone in my area ever wants to go walking at Town Lake or Searight Park hit me up. I am not at RUNNING stage yet but hope to get there. :) I work a normal Monday through Friday 9-5 work week so can do after work or on weekends. Female... age 42 if that matters. :)
  • uber_alyssa
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in South Austin (technically not til july) but I'm in Austin basically every day. My ultimate goal is 100lbs off but I'd be happy with just 70. I've been on MFP for a little while but didn't give it much heed. Same story as everybody else, ups and downs, but I've got no kids. Right now due to a skin condition my workouts are quite limited to not working out or just light activity in a pool, which I do every chance I get. I've cut my calories and I've lost 5 lbs thus far over the last two weeks. Hopefully we can all work together to reach our fitness goals!
  • cathead9
    Options
    Hello,

I live in the central/east Austin area. My ultimate goal is to lose 80 lbs, but I'm doing it Verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyysssslllloooowwwwwllly, so I figure I could use some inspiration. Austin is such a fitness-conscious city, it's hard to be heavy here. After I get my new knee, I want to start running again.
  • Alyssabh88
    Alyssabh88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at Corazon LAtino in South Austin? Want to join? Idk what your work schedule is like but I usually go M.W @6pm and Sat @ 11am
    [/quote]

Hi! I work in South Austin and saw Corazon's website. Do you like it? I used to LOVE doing Zumba when I lived in a small town, but it seems like all the classes I've tried here are too hard to keep up with! I can't Zumba well if its really technical and requires alot of coordination...I like when instructors do a lot of salsa and things like that. Does that make sense? I'd love to give it a try!
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! :) My name is Christine and I'm a recent grad from UT and current full time graphic designer. I live about 15 min north of downtown. Anyone should feel free to add me! I just joined this site because I've lost all of my good habits since starting a full-time, desk job so I'm trying to get back in shape.

I love running and swimming, especially swimming. If anybody knows of a good (free or cheap) place to swim laps in the Austin area, I would love to know! Thanks :)
  • tmcwilson
    tmcwilson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there Austin! Tracey here. Looking for some motivating friends.. after all, aren't we all? :)
  • MountainLaurel787
    MountainLaurel787 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get more serious about losing some weight. I'd like to lose 25 - 30 pounds. I used to walk a lot and ride my bike, but I started dating a fabulous man two years ago and we like to cook/eat!! We seriously watch too much Food Network!! It also could be due to the fact that I'm getting older and it's harder to keep the weight off. (49) I live in the North area and would love to have some motivation to get healthy and feel good again!!
  • rconboy64
    rconboy64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I live in round rock but would love a walking buddyt
  • XxAmiraxX
    XxAmiraxX Posts: 64
    Options
    ^ ay I live in round rock too lol.
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm in Austin - a bit south of downtown. Have started biking and really enjoy it. Anyone into beginner cycling rides?
  • Snugglebunny217
    Options
    I'm in North Austin!