Side effects?

Options
daltem
daltem Posts: 138 Member
Hi-

I finished my chemo in February and the side effects went away fairly quickly.
Seems like their coming back though- Within the last 2 weeks I've started having the sensitivity to cold
- my fingers burn and hurt when touching things in the freezer/fridge ( which could be a good thing except I have kids to feed!) and then swallowing cold feels like I'm swallowing crushed glass.

I understand that side effects can linger but has anyone else had them come back after they went away?

Replies

• Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The only issue that I had go away and come back was my fingernails breaking and peeling. It got better but came back a few months later. It finally seems to be getting a bit better, but I finished chemo in January.

I would check in with your doctor (or nurse - I called mine frequently with questions) and mention that it's still an issue. It could be related to something else.
  • redhearted
    Options
    Yes, side-effects come and go all the time. I finished treatment 1.5 years ago now--surgery, chemo and radiation. Try not to stress about any of it because it leaves as quickly as it comes on in most cases. Memory lapses, brain fog, fatigue, weak nails, thin hair, digestion issues, scar tissue, tingling feet and fingers. It gets better mostly though. Hang in there. One day you will feel pretty darn normal again.
  • daltem
    Options
    Sadly- my cancer has come back. PET showed another spot in my liver. Here we go again, eh?
  • miked7344
    miked7344 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Daltem. You're a strong person. You have overcome it before you can do it again. I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • daltem
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.. Hope you're ok?
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.. Hope you're ok?