Hello!

Options
Hi Everyone. My name is Cara and I'm a Mom to 3 little ones. (3yrs, 19months, and 4 months) Wife to an amazing man and I'm a sugar addict. :P I eat when I'm happy, mad, stressed, you name it. I just started using MFP to log my food, am doing a carb cycling program by Chris Powell and am looking for a Christian group in order to make new friends and receive/give support. Hope this board is a little more active or you guys might get annoyed at seeing all my posts! Lol

Replies

• Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cara. I have three kiddos as well, but mine are 15, 11 and 5. I feel old now. ;-)

I'm an emotional eater as well. I've had to learn that food is just food, not emotions. It's hard for me because when I think of birthdays, or holidays or family get-togethers the first thing I think about is the food. How much there will be, how delicious it will be. When I knew I'd be without it I'd get panicky. Seriously. My husband's family aren't big snackers, and I remember once when I went to visit him. (Long distance relationship!) I think I was in high school or maybe early college. I actually packed a suitcase of snacks that was bigger than my suitcase of clothes and toiletries.

I'm learning now to that food is simply fuel for my body. Of course I want it to taste good, look good. But it is losing it's hold on me. At least for now. Not all days are good, but this is a day-at-a-time journey for me.

I'm not terribly active on these boards, because most of the time I access MFP on my phone or tablet and the forums aren't easy to access there. However, since you're interested in reading through Made To Crave with me I'll make a point to be on at least once a day. :-)
  • carakhuffman
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Haley. :) How far are you in the book?

I started having children later than most. So, don't feel too old. You don't look any older than me, actually. I'm 34. I felt really old this weekend when my husband and I went out on a date and took an impromptu stop at a putt-putt course. We were reminiscing about when we used to play there with our youth groups and realized it was 20 years ago! Lol.
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hello , I am Regina, i have 3 kids also mine are,24 year old daughter, and a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter,my oldest daughter has four kids, yes i ama grandma, they live 6 hours a way so i don't get to see them very often, my oldest daughter has three daughters and a son.....
  • kzeug
    kzeug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 27 and I just became a mom of three myself. My little one is 3 months old, so I'm basically on here to lose my baby weight. I lost it once after having my second daughter, but now it's time to do it again. I'm not necessarily an emotional eater, I just LOVE sweets, not candy, but chocolate, cake and ice cream. Oh and donuts, don't forget donuts. During my PMS week too, I'm SO BAD! I eat everything in sight. This is where I have my difficulty. So if anyone has the same problem and you have some advice I would love to hear it!

Also, my husband and I give ourselves a cheat day once a week and we usually find that our cravings are not as severe as we think they will be. This is when I indulge in my ice cream :)
  • SunshineBB30
    SunshineBB30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Becky...Mom of two boys. They are 3 and 4. I am close to my goal now...8 pounds left but finding it SO hard to get it off. I am a complete sugar addict! That is my hardest thing to gain discipline over. I read Made to Crave almost 2 years ago. Loved it and probably need to read it again:)
  • carakhuffman
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Sunshine, congrats on being so close to your goal!! I wish you success on being where you feel healthiest. I find it hard to focus on a specific number as far as weight, because I've had 3 children in 3 years, and prior to that it had been about 10 years since I'd been at a healthy weight. I have no clue what my body will look like and feel like. I know after children it won't all be in the same place. lol. I figure I'll know it when I get there. :)

Kzeug, Congrats on #3! I had my 3rd on April 8th. :) My oldest turned 3 on May 1st, so I had 3-2yrs and under for a couple weeks! :o Our youngest was a surprise God had planned, for certainly I wouldn't have had them so close on purpose. Needless to say, I don't have to exercise because I am running from 5am to 9pm. I actually have no baby weight to lose. I weigh the same as when I got pregnant with my 1st, but its not a healthy weight at all.

Robertsolllady, Sorry your grandkids live so far, but it does give you plenty of time to transform and surprise them! I also have been blessed by your scriptures and quotes you post often, so thank you.

I have been going to a lot of parties and church functions lately and its hard to stay on point, but I determined that if I continue to do well 905 of the time, I will see changes. Maybe just not as fast as I would like, but they will happen. I'm reading Made To Crave as much as possible, but time to myself is very limited. :/ The first time I get a chance to read something its usually the Bible and never as much as I'd like.

Wishing you the best for the rest of the week!
  • TRULYME31
    TRULYME31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone! I am 29 yrs old, mother of four(ages 10, 8, 4, 1), Married to a wonderful soldier in the Army and am a full time college student. In need of some encouragement, prayer, and support on my weight loss journey! from women who understand what it is like when you forget your still a woman.
  • Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, Haley. :) How far are you in the book?

I started having children later than most. So, don't feel too old. You don't look any older than me, actually. I'm 34. I felt really old this weekend when my husband and I went out on a date and took an impromptu stop at a putt-putt course. We were reminiscing about when we used to play there with our youth groups and realized it was 20 years ago! Lol.

I'm devouring the book. Seriously, it's such great stuff. I plan to go back though and slow down and read it again. It's one of those books I think where we'll find something new each time we read it.

And you are my new best friend. :-) I'm 37. Funny, my husband I I met at youth group. Are we sisters? ;-)
  • kzeug
    kzeug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had my little one on April 12! My other kids are 6 (staring first grade, not possible!) and 4. All girls! Yikes! Seriously though they are all so beautiful inside and out. We wanted a boy badly, but are blessed to have out girls. Will we keep trying for that boy??? I don't think so, but God's plans are not my own.
  • tiffprl
    tiffprl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My name is Tiffany, I am a mother of four; 18, 5, 4, and 8 months. Because my children are so close in age I have yet to maintain a steady weight and/or lose any weight. Looking forward to sharing my fitness accomplishments and failures (hopefully not) with women like myself who know just how much pregnancy can take it's toll on our bodies. God Bless!
  • meg192327
    meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll. My name is Victoria, and I am 28 and a mom of three beautiful, rambunctious, girls ages 9,5, and 1 1/2. Yes, I have my hands full, but what mom doesn't. I'm coming to this group to not only help support us gals because you know we have to stick together, but also to get the motivation that I so desperatly need to continue down my weight loss path. It is really hard when you do not have any support from anyone, and you are trying to do this alone. Alone, I know I will not succed, but with Jesus Christ and the motivation of other women, I know I can and I will. I look very forward to talking to you all. It's nice to know there are other women who are both Christians and mothers on this site. Now I don't feel so alone.