In need of help

Options
I have lost all motivation to work out and I want to be in the hundreds by my birthday which is the end of October. To get there I have about 25 pounds to lose. I am in need of people to either workout with - no money for a gym membership - and/or people to hold me accountable for doing workouts at home (not sure what to do since I have no stamina right now).

I also need ideas on workouts to do - again no stamina so no lung capacity. :frown:

Replies

• tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I was first getting started running (and I'm feel like I'm still getting started) I would set an alarm on my watch for 15 minutes. I would walk/jog/run whatever I could do the hardest for 15 minutes, taking different streets, whatever....then when my alarm went off, I would go home via the same roads I left. Instant 30 min workout. The more I did it, the more I could jog...even jogging back.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Another good starter workout to do at home is the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs. You can get them at Target or Walmart for about $10 and you can do them in your living room. You can modify it pretty easily to fit your current abilities. If you can't keep up their pace you can very easily go slower until you build up some stamina.

Also 25 pounds by the end of October is a really aggressive goal, even if you're able to be super active. Maybe start with some smaller goals which will motivate you to keep going.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Based on the 2014 running goals in your profile and your desire to improve stamina, I would start with c25k

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/c25k-5k-trainer-free/id485971733?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.c25k&hl=en

There is nothing wrong with repeating any given week as many times as necessary. Your endurance will improve over time!
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You should definitely start c25k. I just started today and could only run 1 minute and then had to walk 4 to catch my breath and give my lungs a break. Everyone starts somewhere, you seem like you just have to motivate yourself first before others can help you.

For workouts I am a big Jillian Michaels fan, she is quite popular on the forums as well so I am sure you have read about her stuff. She has a good variety of dvds to pick from so you should be able to find something. Time starts at only 25 minutes a day and up. The coolest part, I got some from amazon for $7 each and you can find them at target and Wal-Mart for just $10
  • leelees10
    leelees10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! We all have to start somewhere and we're starting it NOW! I too lose motivation, but I just have to keep pushing myself forward. We can do this together!
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days, just don't let every day be a bad one. Find ways to get in physical activity wherever you can. Be good with your logging if you can't get in as much exercise as desired, but don't rely solely on that, activity is equally important. You may not feel motivated, but try breaking up your activity. Go for several 15 min walks instead of getting it in all at once. Check out some of the used sport equipment stores, you may be able to find some cheap hand weights, otherwise use canned goods. I also agree with the Jillian Michaels videos! Love her stuff! And the best motivation of all will be when you start to see results. Just remember, you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket...equally so you won't accomplish anithing if you don't at least try. Also don't aim too high...I agree 25 is a little steep for a goal by the end of October. If you want lasting results you have to do something that you will keep up with.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you want, you can add me, I can try and keep you accountable. I have the same problem. I've been working really hard on eating healthy first, now I'm trying to get in my physical activity (what there is of it). On my lunch break a co-worker and I eat quick and then do 1-2 walking laps around the building. I've started parking further from the enterances to places I'm going. :) We all need someone we can lean on, willing to help you if you're willing to help me too... or I can just help you too. Haha.