Flat Stomach

Options
Ok, so everyone says that you'll get a flat stomach by doing sit-ups, crunches, etc., but that stuff gets boring! I want fun ab exercises that don't get boring quickly. Any suggestions??

Replies

• moreabs
    moreabs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Maybe swim some laps.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have 2 that I found that I really love. This is for more of a beginner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0HBmX0PuGc

She's pretty intense, so sometimes you have to put her on mute, but she does great ab workouts as well as leg and cardio. If you go to her actually site (blogilates) she has her workouts organized by body focus, so you can check out all of her ab workouts. If you're more of an intermediate to advanced, this burns like FIRE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6NgqG5UUZo

I'm mainly doing this for ab workouts now. I like variety, so I like messing around with different videos, but these 2 are the ones that I always go back to. Give them a try and see how it feels!
  • skill133
    Options
    Good suggestions and hopefully you get some more.

My belief that abs are 75% formed in the kitchen (what you eat). The other 25% is defining them.
  • awlosing30
    awlosing30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just pinned some ab exercises on pinterest! Loving them - I mean I really feel it...

1. Russian twists - sit on the floor, lift legs parallel to the ground and use a medicine ball or dumbell and twist at the waist

2. Toe dips - same form but out hands behind head and lift head off ground, slowly lower one foot to touch the ground with just the toe like your dipping it in the water, then bring back up parallel to the ground and do the other one.

3. Reverse crunches - lie on floor, lift legs and butt off ground keep legs straight and toes pointed up, lower legs all the way flat parallel to the ground, but don't touch the ground.

Ooo another one is stand with hands behind your head and twist while bringing your left knee up to meet your right elbow.

Good luck!!
  • hayleeburchett
    Options
    I love these, you really do feel the burn! Thanks!
  • hayleeburchett
    Options
    If you find anymore don't hesitate to post :)
  • awlosing30
    awlosing30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you find anymore don't hesitate to post :)

Seriously right?! Go on pinterest and you'll find a ton! Some not so great...boring or whatever, but I like things I can do quickly and can feel. Your obliques are gonna be sore tomorrow!! :)
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    Plank!! There are so many variations you can do with it...
    Side (with or without dips)
    Hold one leg up at a time then switch
    Alternate punches while holding it
    Hold one leg and the opposite arm
    Hold it with both feel balancing on weighted medicine balls

Don't forget your back when working on core/abs!! Supermans are great for your back and you can hold or do x number of reps!

I also love leg lifts! They seem to be the best for getting my pesky lower tummy! Or reverse crunches.
    Bicycles and russian twists (with or without weight) are good to throw in too. V ups ar really hard but worth it.

Just remember if you are doing anything with holding your legs off the floor that you don't cross your legs, this can create muscle imbalances.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Plank!! There are so many variations you can do with it...
    Side (with or without dips)
    Hold one leg up at a time then switch
    Alternate punches while holding it
    Hold one leg and the opposite arm
    Hold it with both feel balancing on weighted medicine balls

Don't forget your back when working on core/abs!! Supermans are great for your back and you can hold or do x number of reps!

I also love leg lifts! They seem to be the best for getting my pesky lower tummy! Or reverse crunches.
    Bicycles and russian twists (with or without weight) are good to throw in too. V ups ar really hard but worth it.

Just remember if you are doing anything with holding your legs off the floor that you don't cross your legs, this can create muscle imbalances.
    What great advice!! Thank you for the reminder! Too often we forget about the back.