1 in 8 single men would pick an iPhone over....

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/iphone/10333780/One-in-eight-single-men-would-pick-an-iPhone-over-a-new-girlfriend.html

One in eight single men would prefer to get iPhone 5 than a new partner, a study has found.

A further 3 per cent of respondents to the survey said they would happily ditch their current love if they got the newest iPhone in return.

And its not just iPhones that could tempt men into singledom – 5 per cent of those asked would engineer a break-up in order to get a smartphone not made by Apple

One man said: "I’ve been going out with the same girl for three years but if it meant getting may hands on a new iPhone she’d be dumped instantly. To be honest I’m getting a bit fed up with her anyway.”

Another commented: "Of course I wouldn’t leave my girlfriend for the latest Apple gadget – although I may be tempted when it comes to the new Samsung Galaxy.”

The findings come from an online survey by the money saving website SaleLand.co.uk which asked 550 men to share their views.

Almost half of those asked said they had used an app to resolve an argument with a partner, while 17% admitted to regularly turning to the internet for advice.

A SaleLand.co.uk spokesman said: "There’s been so much excitement building up around the release of the iPhone 5 with many believing it the ultimate smartphone.

“Nevertheless, you don’t expect to see one in eight men prepared to forgo love, or in the case of three per cent, ditch their current partner to get their hands on one.

“I have to admit though, judging by the amount of people who queued for hours and, in the case of some, days, you can see the amount of loyalty there is to this brand.

“The Apple product has a wide variety of functions but even the iPhone’s most recent incarnation can’t offer some of the things that romance can.”

More than nine million iPhone 5s and 5c handsets were sold last weekend after hitting shelves on Friday – a record for an Apple smartphone.

There have been no reports of men attempting to exchange girlfriends for iPhones.

Apple iPhone? pfffttt... Samsung's latest Android Galaxy phone? Hmm...mebbe... >_> Depends if they ever released a model with a physical QWERTY. I have always preferred physical over virtual. :devil:

If I was in a relationship and given the choice to ditch the gf for a the latest smartphone? Nah, I would never been with someone that would even tempt in such a way. I'd end the relationship if it ever got that bad first.

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I think iphones are gay! :bigsmile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I think iphones are gay! :bigsmile:
    I think it's sad there's men willing to dump their current girlfriends for new iPhone.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    As if competing with other women for a man's attention isn't enough....now we're competing with iPhones?

I can't think of any gadget that's worth giving up a good man for.

Here's to hoping the men surveyed haven't actually experienced the company of a good woman so they have no clue what they're talking about!
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? Well, I believe many men stay in unhappy but comfortable relationships so that's why it'd be so tempting.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Can't these guys just go buy one? Who the hell are they interviewing?
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Can't these guys just go buy one? Who the hell are they interviewing?

People are really brave when something is over the internet or no names are involved. I bet if they told people their names would be published they would have changed their responce
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    :laugh: All I can think is that these guys must be in some terrible relationships.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    If I man is going to choose an iphone over his SO, then better for that SO to get out now!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    If I man is going to choose an iphone over his SO, then better for that SO to get out now!

This is exactly what I was thinking.....
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

In fairness, the iPhone comes with an instruction manual and limited warranty.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Just what I'm looking for in my next relationship.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    The findings come from an online survey by the money saving website SaleLand.co.uk which asked 550 men to share their views.

So 1 in 8 British men would dump their girlfriends for a new iPhone...

--P
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My ex-boyfriend's iPhone caused many fights between us. He was constantly on it and couldn't understand why I'd get upset. I understood taking a million pictures, but he'd want to upload, post to facebook and tag them as soon as he took them. So bad that he held up a line at Disney World doing that once. I could see him as one of the few interviewed here.... Good riddance.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

It doesn't really come with an instruction manual, you have to find it online!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Why not have both?

I'm confused :huh:

I was in until you said the manual is online.