Could stress of life in general be causing on weight loss?

Options
meg192327
meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
Hey everyone. I find it very hard to loose weight. I am so stressed out, to the point that when I get like this, my hair starts thining on one side and eyelashes fall out at the slightest touch. I know people say to stop worring, stop stressing, but thats easier said than done. HOW do you stop when your kids and husband, and the house and the dog.... just life in general are stressful? Anybody have any techniques they do to unwinde and destress? When do you find the time?

Replies

• arouse0930
    Options
    I'm a worrier by nature. I used to lose sleep many nights and I became so stressed out it made me sick. What you have to realize is that you only have the power to change yourself. You can begin by looking at your situation from a different perspective. What are the things you could change that would make your life less stressful? What are the positive aspects of your life? You can also pray that God will show you yourself and what role you are playing in making your life so stressful. I've done these things myself and am recommending them because I see an improvement in myself. My life is just as stressful, but I have learned to handle it differently.
  • meg192327
    Options
    You know, you are absolutely right. Since school has started back, I have really been overly stressed. My middle daughter started school, husband got injured and just recently had to have surgery, and I found my self to be a very unhappy lashing out kind of mom and wife because I felt like I was trying all by my self to hold my hosehold together, and I was sooo over whelmed. I think God was trying to help me see for my self that what I was turning into was something I did't like, my kids didn't like and my husband did't like. So I recently held a fam. meeting and we all agreeded we were going to change our attitudes towards eachother, and so far I can see a slight improvement, so I HOPE just this small change will lead to some positive results and maybe I will stop be so stressed out, and maybe just maybe, it will become easier to loose the weight because I will be able to focus more on myself due to not being sooo stressed out all the time.
  • arouse0930
    Options
    I'm glad you had a meeting with your family and a decision was made to refocus. It's easy to get stressed out with all that you have going in.
  • 4halfpint
    4halfpint Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So, how are things going now? Better, I hope!

I am not happy that you are stressed but I am happy that I am not the only person who stresses too much! I had a mini freak out moment Saturday evening and I think it is all because of stress (and a little pms, maybe?). Yesterday my moment was laughed about so all is better now, but that is not how I want my kids to remember me when they grow up! I think it's great that we have this group so that we can pray for each other :)
  • meg192327
    Options
    It is much better. When I learned to let go and give it to God, everything fell into place. I truly could not do this without him. :)