Protein shakes

Options
What brand protein shakes is everyone using?

Replies

• ersopher
    Options
    I drink pre mixed Premier Protein Shakes. I buy them at Costco. I see a lot of people posting that the are also at Sam's Club. :)
  • a_dixon1989
    a_dixon1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too drink Premier Protein Shakes. I also eat their protein bars! So good. And the shakes are much better than some I've had
  • nickdemarco
    nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not a protein shake, but if you're at CostCo, you can buy Pure Protein high-protein bars. You'll get 20 g of protein for 180 calories (the Chocolate Deluxe version, anyway; the others are close), and you can throw these into your knapsack, pocketbook or whatever to be ready for a snack. 20 easy grams!
  • wjohnsey
    wjohnsey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get Isopure Cookies & Cream off Amazon for $36. 50gs of protein and zero carbs in a serving and it tastes good. There are 22 servings in a 3lb jug so really it's about the same cost as the Premier premixed (12 for . $20). They have a few other flavors for $42 each. The same product at GNC is $54.
  • I get from Wal Mart, Whey... they are pretty taste
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am so tired of chocolate and vanilla protein shakes. A friend of mine recommened Syrtrax Nectar (several flavors) and it is so yummy

It is more like a fruit drink and not crazy sweet. 100 calories and 23g protein. O carbs. I have one for breakfast on my way into work.

I like the Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel and Lemon Tea.
  • michelercook
    Options
    I use the Nectar Sweets/ Chocolate Truffle!! It's so good.. I add a tbsp. of decaf instant coffee to it. I love it!!
    Hi.. I am Michele and a new member to this group! Just had my sleeve on October 23rd! Still feeling sore and kind of crappy! :)
  • LisHardesty
    LisHardesty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do unflavored protein powder and mix it with broth and either fat free sour cream or fat free yogurt... It makes a great creamy soup... I have my sleeve surgery this coming Friday... Can't wait!!!
  • Skykilr1
    Skykilr1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk is the rtd shakes that I get. I'm on bloodthinners and most shakes have vitamin K which I have to avoid. No K in MM and it's at every grocery store around me. They have the usual Choc and vanilla flavors, some stores have Banana cream which is pretty good too. Online there's a couple other flavors but i haven't tried those. All are around 170cal w/ 20gr of protein. Oddly, I tried the Muscle Milk sugar free 100cal Choc and Van, to me they tasted better than the regular shakes.
  • lorigregory50
    Options
    @candacet36, where do you find the Syrtrax Nectar?

I use the Unjury Unflavored Protein, so you can make your shake any flavor you like - I tend to throw in assorted fruit, milk and a litle Torani no sugar flavorings.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to dairy and most protein shakes are whey-based. So I tried a bunch that were soy & egg-based. Some were horrible and got tossed. Many were okay. My favorite is: ON - Gold Standard - 100% Egg - Rich Chocolate. I mix it with almond milk.

Found it first on GNC but it's not there now. So I go directly to Optimum Nutrition.
  • bondgirl129
    Options
    I was using bariatric advantage, and I bought them straight from the website. I have a problem with lactose but whey doesn't bother me so those worked out well. I also found the Total Lean shakes at GNC. They are lactose free and even have a pumpkin flavor for the holidays that is tolerable.
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have found a new item (at least for me) and I love it. Bariwise hot chocolate. Depending on flavor, 80-90 cals and 15g protein. The best part is you can actually make it hot and drink it hot - without it curdling - which is needed now that winter weather is here in western New York. I purchased it online at Bariatric Choice. No mess, no fuss, no testing temperature. Now that the weather is getting cold, I am finding it hard to drink cold protein shakes.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the pre-mixed products. I like the Syntrex Nectar products that mix with water. They have an Iced Tea and a Lemonaide that's not bad and much easier to get down post-op than the rich, milky shakes.
  • alchaley
    Options
    I love the Syntrax Nectar "Fuzzy Navel" flavor. Strawberty Kiwi is okay too and I haven't tried the Lemon Tea one. I just ordered the Cappucino flavor to get me through the winter. I tried it once and it was great!
    My favorite source of protein comes from the Quest bars, not a protein powder. The shakes do get old even if you are adding a different flavor every now and then. Lately I've been adding a spoonful of Smuckers Carmel (Sugar Free) Ice Cream Topping to my vanilla shakes.
    I've tried a lot of different shakes. We even had a protein powder swap at our monthly support group meeting. That was a great way to sample other powders without having to commit to buying a huge $50 tub that you end up hating!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • RATMamma
    Options
    I got the Isopure Dutch Chocolate and Coffee at The Vitamin Shoppe and really like the taste. Recommended is 2 scoops, 220 calories and 50 grams of protein. I normally only do 1 scoop at a time.
  • Zanne48
    Options
    I use Pure Protein, chocolate and vanilla. What helps is adding PB2 which is a dehydrated protein powder my nutritionist recommended. It's fabulous. Or I add a bit of almond or coconut extract. Yum!
  • Zanne48
    Options
    Sorry, correction to above... PB2 is a dehydrated peanut butter powder.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like Chike banana and Unjury strawberry sorbet. I keep a case of snack size premier protein shakes from Sam's club at work. Anyone can add me I have open diary. Had VSG 11/20/13 have lost 40 lbs
  • mzkaneella
    Options
    that is what I drink too.. the Syntrax Nector... there is a website where you can buy indie packets of the Nectar.. cause I get sick of a single flavor.. lemonade, grapefruit, ice tea, are all good too!!! Chocolate truffle with peanut butter and a banana for a sweet treat