FWB

Options
I'm very curious on everyone's opinion on this. Once a guy and a girl have been FWB, can they ever go back to just being friends or does sex ruin everything? No real reason for asking ... just curious. Debate on! :laugh:

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can go back if you respect each other's boundaries and there are NO romantic feelings on either side. More important, if you respect each other as people and really do feel a friendship. An example would be when one person decides to go monogamous with someone else.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I havve several friend who used to be FWB and we never had a problem becoming friends again lol..... Infact one of them is expecting a baby and I'm making him a blanket!!
  • raige123
    Options
    I havve several friend who used to be FWB and we never had a problem becoming friends again lol..... Infact one of them is expecting a baby and I'm making him a blanket!!

I've had FWB situations in the past and there has never been a problem going back to just being friends, but a friend of mine said that once sex is involved, it's impossible. I just wanted to see if I was the only one who thought it was possible, or if there were others, lol. Good to know. :smile:

and LMAO on the making the blanket! :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hmmm! I think it depends on the people involved. And I agree about the boundaries; there needs to be an equal and agreeable parting of ways so the relationship smoothly transitions from sex to platonic again.

But I dont see why not... .
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    There are a small number of people out there that can separate feelings from sex and are really good at it, most of us aren't and one of the two parties will move on before the other is ready. Drama ensues and it makes it difficult. I've had a couple, it just gets really complicated
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I have never had a FWB I don't think I have it in me :/
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    It's difficult, because I don't really have a lot of friends. Certainly not female friends. And they are usually married, with kids... So my options are limited. But I'm not really sure I'd want a FWB relationship now, although a few years ago it was more appealing*. I'm trying to drastically simplify my life, and this is an unnecessary complication.

I went through a FWB phase after my marriage ended. Now I'm either looking for friends, or benefits... :-)

--P

*Interestingly, at the time, my FWB relationships (there were two) started as romantic/sexual relationships. But then we determined there was no hope long term. But we remained friends, and we still had sex occasionally. So instead of friends with benefits, it was more benefits with friends... :-)
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I have never had a FWB I don't think I have it in me :/

No pun intended? ;-)

--P
  • azhcanedition
    azhcanedition Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It depends on if it was truly casual sex or a casual relationship. Most FWB situations horribly fall apart because of the latter (and some expectation for it to go into a regular relationship too...I'll avoid posting novellas on the subject...I have before...lol). If it was truly no emotion involved for both parties, it won't usually be awkward.

And, I'm too "traditional" when it comes to FWB. Can't bring myself to do it because I want a solid monogamous relationship before "benefits".