Morninglory81's Time to quit!

Options
Morninglory81
Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
I have struggled with smoking since I was 18 years old. I have "quit" twice for 2 and 1 years respectively. In this thread I will document my final struggle. I say final struggle because I refuse to go back again. I will post cravings and successes as well as setbacks. I welcome comments, criticism, support and encouragement.

I am strong and will no longer be controlled by a substance!

Replies

• Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm quitting from tonight, tried and failed so many times but going to keep trying !!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    As long as you haven't quit trying you have not failed! We can do this.
  • Cazco29
    Cazco29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm quitting tomorrow - thank you for starting this group!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Hi, I'm quitting tomorrow - thank you for starting this group!
    It will be great to help each other overcome and find the strength to do so ourselves aswell! Welcome glad to have you!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Ok so this is how I am going to do it. I have 1 full pack and it is my last! 4 today and Tuesday, 3 Wednesday and Thursday, 2 Friday and Saturday, 1 Sunday and Monday, and than I am done.

I have had 2 of my 4 for today. If I don't smoke them all the left over will be flushed! There will be no carying over for the next day.

Wish me strength and determination!
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    Good luck, I've just had my last one ,hopefully the last ever !
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Good luck, I've just had my last one ,hopefully the last ever !
    Post when you need help. Post your little victories. Watch them add up. You got this!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Ok day 2 and I had my coffee w/o one!
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    I've not had one and it's 2pm here (not sure where you are) I'm using 14mg nicotine patches as I don't think I have will power enough for cold turkey !! Well done that is excellent as coffee time's were ciggie times for me !!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    I'm in NY so the day is starting for me. He hard thing for me is I am a stay at home mum so can a sneak any time. The last time I quit I had a job and the schedule made it easer I think.

Good job on using the patch! It is the strong that are willing to admit when they need help achieving their goals!
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    I too am a stay home mum and that makes it harder, I'm hoping to do more exercise even if it's just running up the stairs when I get cravings :)
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    I don't have stairs but maybe jumping jacks will work. Bet my boys will enjoy jumping with mom!
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    Just dropped in to report a craving, glass of ice cold water did the trick. Panic over !!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Well done!

I have had 2 today which isn't bad for 12:30. I will see if I can make it the rest of the day w/o. I will be out with my boys and won't smoke in front of them.
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    That's great, well done :)
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    Yay day 1 smoke free, have eaten too much but not beating myself up over it . Hope you are doing okay :)
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm smoking around 1/2-3/4 a pack daily. Moved down to UltraLights and guess what...they're still addictive. I'd like to get the courage to kick it and not use it as an excuse cuz I'm soooo frickin stressed out.
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    You can do it! Make a plan, one you feel is reasonable and follow it. Post here and I will encourage you all I can.
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Yay day 1 smoke free, have eaten too much but not beating myself up over it . Hope you are doing okay :)
    Nicely done!

Day one - check!
  • Gracie1214
    Options
    Serena you can do it, just have to pick the right moment and be strong .Good luck !!