Saturday September 28, 2013

Options
Zee48
Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
Have you ever asked God over & over for something only to not receive it? Have you asked for it in His name and for His glory or is it a selfish want.

I think many times we don’t get what we ask for because we don’t really believe that He is able to do what He says He can, and will do. I know it is hard when we are praying about serious issues – health, safety and so forth and don’t get the answer and I can’t understand that myself but I do believe that HE has a definite plan for us and I don’t believe He wants fo see us suffer.

I can’t answer the questions of why not but I can continue to pray and believe that somewhere, someday it will be answered.

Just a varied group of scripture that points to that truth:

1 Corinthians 2:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

James 4:3
New International Version (NIV)
3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

John 14:13-14
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
13 And if you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you. Then the Father’s glory will be shown through the Son. 14 If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.

I saw this on a website this morning and though it was a good quote.

“God will judge us not according to how much we endured, but how much we could love.” Richard Wurmbrand

Replies

• FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    what a message! :)
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing. I needed this today. I've been going through a battle it seems, asking God for what I know he promised, but not seeing it come to pass. Then doubt creeps in, and I start second guessing. It's hard and I've let it get to the point, that this prayer consumes my thoughts and mind. When what I need to do is be content with what the Lord has blessed me with and learn accept what the Lord has in store....even though his plans may be different than what I have in mind. Prayers are appreciated friends and thanks again for the post.