Hair loss?

Options
I'm 11 weeks out from surgery and I think I'm starting to lose my hair. Does this happen to everyone after surgery? How long does it last? I'm only eating about 600 calories a day but I get 60-75 grams of protein per day, which my nut said is okay.

Replies

• amylynn924
    amylynn924 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dr. Alvarez says he's never seen a bald sleeve patient. It's normal to lose some hair, but it's temporary. My hair is extremely thin to begin with (hereditary), but I think I'm eating more protein now then I was before I got sleeved. I'm certainly not looking forward to it, but if it happens... there are some awesome wigs out there that don't have that "wiggy" look.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    Eat/drink your recommended amount of protein. You'll lose some hair due to the anesthesia and shock from the lack of calories. My hair loss started 4 months out, and it lasted for a total of 5 months. I was devastated, but I kept on following my dr.'s instructions, and it is fine now. Ask your doctor when you can take biotin. It's a supplement that will help you grow hair and nails. :) Keep strong!
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hair loss is normal, it will stop eventually. I got a new haircut that included bangs to help hide my thin hair.
    Almost one year out, my hair is finally coming back now