Go! Day 1

Options
Post what day you are on in the challenge here :)

Replies

• NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    day one for me. starting today :)
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ah, an early bird! I like it :) I'm actually on Day 24 of a 30 day challenge I did and thought, why not go for 60? :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Day 8 for me! I have been helped along by a friendly rhinovirus, but hey, whatever it takes!

Uh oh - does Nyquil count???
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Day 1 from me was yeseterday. So today is Day 2
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    >high fives< to the early jump starters :)

For the rest of you 5 more days to start working on your plan to reach the goal of either 30 days straight or 25 days of October as non-drinking days :)

Day 26 for me, going for 60...so it's nice to have all on board for the second half of my goal :)
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! Just checking in! I'm also on day 9 :) I decided to start once we got back from hunting! Feeling great! So nice not being hungover and tired after the weekend! These days a good party weekend takes me AT LEAST 'til Wed. to recover, lol! Stayed under on my cals all weekend too!
  • bnw1205
    bnw1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10. I have a goal to lose 10-15 by new years so I may have a few drinks during the holidays, but aside from them I am going to give my self the goal of no drinks until 2014.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Just back from an awesome cruise, so today is my Day 1
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me. I know this is going to be extremely hard for me to do.. basically everyone I know drinks on the weekends. I'm really going to have to keep myself occupied. I feel like I might have to become antisocial... I know if I am out with them they will try to encourage me to drink. I know I need to do this though because I really want to lower my body fat % and I KNOW I want that more than I want a drink. Wish me good luck!
  • dimdn
    dimdn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me! I've been trying to loose weight for almost a month. And I do, then I put it right back on when I drink on the weekends. This will be hard for me. My Birthday is next weekend, but I want a healthier me more than that beer!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me! Hoping I can make it all the way to Halloween :)
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3. So far no problem at all. Of course I've yet to actually go out at all or do any kind of activity that would normally involve having a drink so it will get trickier.
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Great job on all those starting ahead! I went to a winery social with friends yesterday and didn't break my streak. Found a great Republic of Tea Pomegranate Green Tea (unsweetened) that they sold at the winery. Looked just like wine and nobody noticed except when I poured it from the bottle to the glass. If you just simply say that you are cutting back on alcohol for a bit to help lose weight, most friends should understand and not try and pressure you. If they do, then perhaps they are uncomfortable with their own drinking. I've told friends that I don't mind if they drink so I don't feel awkward being around them sober while they are drunk. Besides, now they have someone to count on for being a designated driver :) For those few occasions, I have ordered a coke or sprite and ask for a lime in it, just to avoid the topic coming up. Personally, I don't feel uncomfortable with not drinking while out, just don't like making others feel like they shouldn't drink around me. Day 31 for me, so past the half way mark for my personal 60 day challenge.

The energy I have on weekends and come Monday is amazing! Saturday morning I had an awesome power bike ride, when most times I would have slept in, maybe get a mediocre ride in after a Friday night happy hour and today I felt refreshed. So even if it only helps me lose a few more lbs this month, the energy alone is worth it and didn't realize really just how draining 2-3 glasses of wine can be.

Keep up the great work...for the rest of you, Day 1 tomorrow.
    Those worried about the weekend, start planning now on drink options when out in social settings, and other activities to get involved in over the weekend rather than sitting at home drinking :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I did great for 10 days, then fell off the wagon in a big way on day 11. The 3 pounds I lost...BAM! They came back. Grrrr....
  • veracalore
    Options
    Day 3 for me.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 for me, but going through til the end of the month and possibly beyond.
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Just found this group and it is just what I need!! The alcohol calories are slowing my weight loss and I am excited to see what I can do in a month without booze!
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    Day 1 for me!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What a way to start this challenge! My boss just informed me that my job will be eliminated effective January 1!!!

Definitely will want a drink tonight :(
  • thxo
    thxo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Day 1 :)