Crawling Back...

Options
cc11395
cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
Hi Pals!

I sit before my computer screen hoping the perfect words will come to me. Words that will explain my indiscretion and touch and inspire you to do different, better. Instead, I am going to hang my head for a moment and apologize for my absence.

It's funny how we use "life" as an excuse for falling back into old habits; I am no exception. Between travelling for business, school starting for the kids, sports starting, having company, etc., I have allowed myself be swept up and overwhelmed. I consciously made bad choices, knowing the consequences, but enjoying the moment. I abandoned the gym, the healthier eating, the water, my friends here...and I am sorry.

But today, I pick myself up. I am taking my own advice; I am lifting my head up and moving forward. I am truly thankful for new beginnings. I am especially thankful for your thoughtfulness. I appreciate sincerely the messages I have received from the core members of our group - you have inspired and motivated me to get up, dust off and march on.

I know I won't be able to catch up on everything I missed this month, but I will go back and use your words for inspiration and pray that I am able to along that inspiration to others.

Here's to new beginnings! Here's to October!

CC

Replies

• m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    New Beginnings

One of the truly great things about a journey like ours is that it begins when we say it begins. Always.

So even if you have a bad day, week, or month, you are free to Start Again whenever you want or need to start again.

EVERYONE may have a fresh start at any time.

What we are doing here is difficult. It can be both mentally and physically exhausting.

When we are tired and distracted we forget our resolve sometimes. It's called Real Life.

Just remember, we are all free to start fresh in the morning.

So if you find yourself at the end of a bad day, or a string of bad days, or at the start of a whole new life, there is only one thing to do; get a good night's sleep and start again in the morning.

All is well.
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, CC. Kudos to you for hopping back on the wagon.

Edited to add: ...still waiting for that predictive analysis write-up :grumble: :bigsmile:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Welcome back CC, you know you were missed. I hope this group will always be there to hold out a hand to help a fellow traveller back onto the wagon we all ride. Glad you are shaking off the dust and climbing back.
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    WELCOME BACK CC
    Glad you are back and sometimes life happens.
    But, most importantly, you logged in today and are ready to get back on the healthy track.
    We've missed you . . .

:flowerforyou:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Nice to see you CC!
    I am glad you came back and you made the choice to work on you again! It might take a few days to get into the swing of things again but you can do it, I know you can!!!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Wonderful to have you back CC! Missed you <3
  • bird5027
    bird5027 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yay! We're so happy you're back in business! We have missed your presence in the forums! Welcome back and here's to you! :drinker:
  • slh0307
    slh0307 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome back CC! You are such an inspiration for this "Granola" and I am glad you are back.

Mark is right, REAL LIFE happens.

The road to success is potholed with mistakes so we can get stronger.

Love ya baby!:happy:
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words upon my return! I missed you too!

There is definitely a lesson in all this. I tend to hide when things are going poorly, shrink away from what I know to be the truth (which is usually a combination of "I can do what I want," "Who cares," and "I'll deal with it later"). I guarantee, if I have not said that I would be away for a vacation or a business trip, the reason you don't see me is because my lips are wrapped around a spoon full of ice cream or a slice of pepperoni pizza.

The funny thing is, I ate all of those things WHILE losing weight...there wasn't really any reason to feel deprived or "go off the deep end."

My goal for October isn't to be perfect. My goal is to be honest with myself. I will log everything I eat, regardless of what it is. If I have a 4,000 calorie day, it's going to be there, in black and white, for all to read.

Every day I learn that this is about the journey, not the destination.

I look forward to catching up with you all, cheering you on, and celebrating your inevitable successes!!

Thanks so very much,
    CC
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, CC, nice to meet you!
    The good thing is you are back and ready to stay on track!!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Missed you, glad you're back :bigsmile:
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :) We've missed your wit and wisdom, and it's nice to see you again!