Rewards!

Options
battybecks
battybecks Posts: 147 Member
Hello all,

Hope it's been a good week for you and that you've not gone mad over the weekend (I did, a little bit - I succumbed to the lure of ale and prawn crackers!)

I always find it difficult to get motivated, so I've decided to set myself a little goal in between now and Christmas. When I've lost another seven pounds (so hopefully in seven weeks if I manage to keep up with my fitness) I'm going to buy myself a nice Christmas top - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peter-Pan-Collar-Top-/180904823651?pt=UK_Women_s_Tops_Shirts&var=&hash=item2a1ec48b63

Red because I've not wanted to wear red for ages as it's not the most flattering colour, and because it'll be a nice thing to wear on Christmas parties.

The next reward time is of course Christmas!

Does anyone else have any little bribes they keep going with themselves? I'd love to hear 'em!

Replies

• maguariento
    maguariento Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea!!! And what a cute top - definitely perfect for holiday parties!!

Hmm... I'll have to think of a good treat for myself. I'll let you know what it is. I think a good mini-goal for me will be to get in the 130's for three or four days in a row (my weight fluctuates so severely, I can't trust just hitting a number once).

Now... What to pick for the reward...??? :happy:
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!!! I think I need to lose another 8lbs by Halloween.. that's 4 weeks for me. and Im hurting now with the scale. It wont move.. but at least it hasn't moved up and im building muscle too I guess. face is looking thinner & thinner im told.
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    @ Mark... the Scale is totally lying to you.... toss it! You are definitely looking trimmer as each day goes and that is a total NSV all the way...:flowerforyou:

My little bribe or treat is going to be a belly button pierce.... Yes it is.... I'm thinking Dec birthday gift to me! LOL So excited about the idea....:smokin:

Awesome idea batty and a great source of motivation to keep going :happy:
  • maguariento
    Options
    Okay... I think I figured out my treat... If I can get the scale in the 130's for several days in a row, I'm going lingerie shopping!! Of course, maybe that's more of a treat for my husband?!?! :blushing:
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    @ Maguariento.... I'm thinking the treat would be mutual!! LMAO
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a hair cut and color when I've lost another 10 lbs, for a total of 20 lbs lost. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of October. I'm going to get some blonde highlights. When I reach 30 lbs lost I'll get a naughty outfit to surprise my hubby with on Christmas. :smooched:
  • maguariento
    Options
    Woo hoo!!!
  • TanyaAJ
    TanyaAJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!!! I think I need to lose another 8lbs by Halloween.. that's 4 weeks for me. and Im hurting now with the scale. It wont move.. but at least it hasn't moved up and im building muscle too I guess. face is looking thinner & thinner im told.

I was just saying to myself you are gone so thin looking! Don't get fixated on the scale. We can see the progress!
  • TanyaAJ
    TanyaAJ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay... I think I figured out my treat... If I can get the scale in the 130's for several days in a row, I'm going lingerie shopping!! Of course, maybe that's more of a treat for my husband?!?! :blushing:
    Brilliant idea! I do feel I have to have another 10lbs dropped before I could do it... but what better motivation can you get?
  • battybecks
    Options
    I can see there's going to be some sexy Christmases around here! Brilliant stuff!
  • maguariento
    Options
    Well, I've been pretty solidly in the (high) 130's for over a week (only going back to the 140's once that I recall), so I hit Victoria's Secret this weekend! Whoever would've thought I'd be wishing for MORE mirrors in the dressing room, LOL?!?! Of course what they would've shown is that my glutes need some work... but not as much as they used to - woo hoo!!

Now to determine the next goal, which may not be so "mini." Can't decide if it should be cardio, strength, or old-clothes-fitting related. Definitely not a scale victory next time. Need to make it tougher!!!

Especially since I've got a week and a half vacation with my sis starting Saturday, and have to make sure the wheels don't fall off in that time. Wish me luck, and the best of luck to you all! And of course, I refer to the kind of hard-earned luck we make for ourselves. It's the most fulfilling kind :happy:
  • battybecks
    Options
    Good luck!

Glad you got your reward! Yay for rewards!
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love it "hard earned luck we make for ourselves" ... great job getting your reward.. Had a woman that my partner personally trains ask again how much I lost. She says she can see it in my face... Great day
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get this a size too small for a reward shirt! http://www.inkedshop.com/rose-heart-lace-back-tee-by-lucky-13-apparel.html
  • maguariento
    Options
    Nice!!!
  • battybecks
    Options
    I'm going to get this a size too small for a reward shirt! http://www.inkedshop.com/rose-heart-lace-back-tee-by-lucky-13-apparel.html

That's gorgeous!