Introductions

Options
WELCOME, WELCOME!!!!
:laugh:

Please take a moment to introduce yourself:

Let us know a little about your past and current struggles.

Your short term and long term goals.

What you believe would best help you reach your goals.

What YOU would like to see with regard to our group.

Replies

• larrytricia
    Options
    Hey everyone,

My name is Tricia and I am currently weighing in at over 280 pounds.

I have been overweight since elmentary school (almost 40 years ago). I have fought this battle all of my life. I spent about 2 years under 200 pounds, so I KNOW how to get healthy but can't seem to make myself stick to what works.

My goals are short stages. Firt to get under 250, then under 200, then under 150, then to settle at a healthy weigh and STAY there.

I have tried about everything on the market, came close to surgery but figured if I do that I have to change my eating anyway so why don't I just do it now (doesn't that sound easy?).. LOL

I am hoping that I can find a few people that I can work closely with that understand the battle of a lot of weight to loose. People I can support in both their victories and there moments of weakness. People that can be there to support me at the same times AND tell me it is NOT OK to give up. I have so many people in my life now that just want to say everything is ok when I know it is not. We need acceptance, but NOT enabling. I am hopeful that I can find that within this group.

I look forward to seeing the people might be my new best motivational partners. God and encouraging/supportive friends could finally be the answer we need to finally see our lives change forever. :love:
  • QuietMorning
    QuietMorning Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Serena.
    My starting weight was 250 and I am trying to get to around 150. I was a chubby kiddo and it just continued into adulthood. I added several pounds in a bad, bad relationship. Never physical, but a lot of mental and verbal abuse. After I finally got out of that relationship and my hubby and I got together came the baby weight. Then it never left.

My huge wake up moment came when my mom was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. We found out that the number one cause is obesity. I really don't want my kids to have deal with the roller coaster of treatments and doctors and remissions and on and on. If I can do something about it I am going to do it. That being said, I know I can't do it alone. I don't have the internal motivation and strength. I know that I need God's help. I pray through my workouts, I pray through my cravings, I pray when I don't see any changes or moving on the scales.

I would love to be part of a community that not only will support me with my weight loss, but also with my walk with The Lord. Also, I want to be able to encourage someone without being attacked for my faith.

Anyway, thanks for starting this group and I pray that it is a blessing to all who find it. :smile:
  • larrytricia
    Options
    Welcome Serena, I am SOOO glad God brought you here. I have been praying that at least a couple of people that felt like I did would join.

This is the first time I have started any type of group like this and would love to hear any ideas of how we can best support each other. Personally, I know I have trouble with motivation, support, and accountability. I can be my own worst enemy if I think my giving in wont matter now. If I know other people are trying there hardest for me, I will be doing the same for them. Isn't it strange how we know there is not real consequence to being accountable to others, but it can make the difference when a moment to just indulge come attacking ... LOL

Whether it is only you and me or if we have others, I know with God, we can see this through.

We sound very much alike in the things you have said and I am also at that point that it is all about the health and warding off cancer and heart problems.

Let me know how I can best help you as we go.

Again,, welcome, welcome, welcome
  • QuietMorning
    QuietMorning Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about the accountability! I have tried to do this before without letting any one know what I was doing and never stuck with it. This time around, after telling anyone who would listen, I am doing better. I also seem to work harder if I know I'm not going it alone. I will try to check in here as often as I can, but most of the time I spend on MFP is on my cell. I wish there was a mobile site for the groups or forums. I'm praying that God leads others here as well! I feel that we are stronger together then trying to do this by ourselves, if there is only a few or a few hundred, with God all things are possible!!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Wanda and I believe and I have faith. I have about one hundred pounds to loose. I have lost and gained a hundred pounds several times. When I renewed my faith, answered God's call to obedience, and studied the scriptures it seemed that whatever emptiness I was trying to fill with over eating was filled. Hallelujah. I have joy. I have hope. I have faith. I embrace this journey that I am on and I pray that you also embrace your journey. Now with that said I hope you are encouraged and that we encourage each other through our faith in Christ.
  • larrytricia
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome Wanda...

First let me say that I am so sorry it took me so long to welcome you in. I have been under the weather a bit and just got to check the group.

I am sooo glad you are going to join us. I have well over a hundred pounds to loose and am VERY encouraged by what you said. I still find myself wanting so bad to satisfy my stress and everything else with food. I long for the day that I can experience what you have. God is the only thing that has gotten me this far and I know He will bring me all the way.

Please tell us what we can best do to help you on your journey. I am not sure what direction people would like to take our group, so I am open to whatever we each need.
  • larrytricia
    Options
    Ok, I did something I have never done before and linked my exercise app (endomondo and runkeeper - although I walk, not run... LOL) to my facebook account. :embarassed: Like you said Quiet,,, accountability may be my best friend. I also have tried to be silent, for the most part, on my workouts but I thought I might see if having my workouts posted to the world would help get me moving.

Hmm, maybe I should put the weight ticker on facebook.. :huh: .. LOL... NOT HAPPENING, but talk about accountability. :sad: .. LOL

I hope you both have a wonderful end to the weekend and I will make sure I get back here daily to check on you guys.

Tricia :bigsmile:
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me. I am glad that this group exists. I am sorry that you were not feeling well, but I trust all is well now. I think we can best help each other by applying the scriptures to our journey. Through reminding each other of God' words we can overcome.