Cravings!

Options
What types of foods are you ladies craving? I just started the second trimester and I have to say, my cravings have been far less intense! The first trimester I craved carbs, carbs, carbs - mashed potatoes were #1. I'm starting to crave more fruits, especially bananas, which are my favorite fruit that gave my heartburn the first trimester! I've also been craving Subway and have eaten it at least a few times a week. Chicken with chipotle sauce - yum. :happy:

Replies

• stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Homemade macaroni and cheese has been my kryptonite.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sadly it's beeen sugar before it was spice but lately i could drink my weight in sodas
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Spicy food! And when I say spicy I mean spicy! I have had a pepper every day for the last month. My hubby works with a few farmers so he managed to grab me a few ghost and scorpions along with a bunch of habanero and chili peppers. :)
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I mostly craved fried chicken. I couldn't get enough of it! Now that I'm in the third trimester I'm not having any cravings anymore, and I'm back to my usual can't-decide-what-I-want-to-eat.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Spicy food! And when I say spicy I mean spicy! I have had a pepper every day for the last month. My hubby works with a few farmers so he managed to grab me a few ghost and scorpions along with a bunch of habanero and chili peppers. :)

Actually, me too in the first trimester! I bought hot and spicy pickles, ate 3 right in a row, then ran around stuffing food in my face because they were TOO spicy! I didn't wash my hands and burned my eye too when washing my face. Whoops!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Early on it was all about comfort foods / foods from my childhood. I could've eaten mac & cheese twice a day every day (but didn't).

Ever since then it's turkey sandwiches and apples.

I am seriously boring.

Other than that, any cravings have been normal. I've always "needed" Thai food every few weeks, chocolate at least once a week...so I don't think these are pregnancy related.
  • queenmolly68
    Options
    This whole pregnancy it has been sweets, especially anything warm straight out of the oven. The last few days I have been craving meat, meat and more meat. I'm not a big meat eater, so it's a little strange. Actually thinking of eating a steak sometime next week ( and I haven't had a steak in five years.) Probably means I have an iron deficiency or something.
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First trimester: no cravings. What I could keep down was potato, mashed or baked. And I wanted my food saltier and sweeter.

Now I'm in my second, I could eat pasta everyday (mac and cheese sounds delicious), I still love mash and things like shepherd's pie and stews (but that might be the season and the weather). And I don't mind if food comes with cheese on top! :-)

And milk chocolate. Before it was all about dark but now it needs to be sweet.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i havent had any serious cravings, but the last few days I have been craving candy, like mike and ike's and jelly belly's. I only crave those things when I am PMSing, so its weird.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    i havent had any serious cravings, but the last few days I have been craving candy, like mike and ike's and jelly belly's. I only crave those things when I am PMSing, so its weird.

At the end of the first trimester, I wanted Sour Patch Kids all the time.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This one has been sweets. Mostly rice crispy bars.

With my son, it was avocados! :bigsmile:
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    With my son it was hot wings. Last night I couldn't decide if I wanted ice cream or green olives... went with the olives. My 2yo was so disappointed, I think he thought he was going to get some of the ice cream