October 5, 2013

Options
FuzzieJelly
FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
THE REASON FOR JOB'S SUFFERING

Job..was blameless, upright, fearing God, and turning away from evil. And seven sons and three daughters were born to him. His possessions also were 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 500 yoke of oxen, 500 female donkeys, and very many servants. Job 1:1-3

This of course, was life as Job used to know it, before his character was tested. "And the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and up right man, fearing God and turning away from evil.' Then Satan answered the Lord, "Does Job fear God for nothing? Hast Thou not made a hedge about him and his house...and all hi possessions have increased in the land. But put forth Thy hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse Thee to Thy face' " Job 1:8-11.

Satan intimated to God that Job only loved Him because of all the blessings Job had received. "Then the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him' " Job 1:12.

Job's life became an unwelcome ride on a trolley called tragedy. In one day he lost all his children and his house, servants, and livestock. And through all of this Job refused to blame God or sin.

PRAYER----Lord, as a Christian, lead me so that I do not expect You to be my "celestial Santa Claus." Lead me so I continue to follow, no matter the circumstances.

Replies

• Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yes Lord, help me to be thankful in all things no matter my circumstances.
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing them daily :))