Pumpkin Protein Muffins

Options
It's that time of year... FALL!!! I love this season and the foods that come along with it! :) I find myself waiting for pumpkin muffins, especially the coffee drinks. Which I wont allow myself to drink yet so here I am so craving pumpkin anything!!! Does anyone have a recipe for Pumpkin protein muffins? Pumpkin anything??? Hope to hear lots from everyone.

Replies

• alchaley
    Options
    Not sure where this recipe is from. Someone emailed it to me :)

1 cup of oatmeal processed in a blender/food processor into flour. *1 cup BEFORE it is processed, it will be less afterwards*
    - 5 scoops of vanilla protein powder. * I have done a mixture of chocolate and vanilla before and that was great too*
    - 1 tsp Baking Powder
    - 1 tsp of cinnamon *This is an estimate. I just throw spices in until I like the taste. *
    - 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice * Again, an esitmate. Adjust to your liking.*
    - Egg whites from 3 large eggs.
    -1 cup of Libby's pure pumpkin
    - 1/2 cup of no sugar added apple sauce

Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes depending on oven.
  • ersopher
    Options
    Oh my thank you!!! I'll have try it and let you know how it works! What kind of protein did you use? I understand some is just not for baking.
  • ersopher
    Options
    I joined (Vertical sleeve talk) and they have some super great recipes on the site. If your interested. :)
  • nickdemarco
    nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I make a daily shake in the morning with Premier Protein's chocolate shakes, and put all sorts of stuff into the blender with it. I'm sure you can find pumpkin "meat" that won't sabotage your efforts, and can blend that into whatever shake you prefer. I personally put a tablespoon of peanut butter, a good sprinkle of cinnamon, and usually a half of a banana, with ice, into the blender, and it comes out great. I'm sure pumpkin would taste good as well.
  • ersopher
    Options
    oooohhh my that sounds yummy!! pumpkin shakes.... thank you nickemarco!!! That sounds delightful!!! I'll keep ya posted :)