Any lesbians with kids?

Options
We have two 14 year olds starting high school on Friday. Wow...high school! The problem is, they want to eat all the time, so i keep alot of things around for them - the fridge is always stocked with kid stuff. Makes it super hard to separate out that it's theirs and not sneak some, which is so not good for my diet!

Another issue I'm having...I'm seriously considering going vegetarian but my wife and kids don't want to. Wondering how i can pull this one off! I think I've seen to many documentaries about animal cruelty that I'm finally sent over the edge.

Anyone facing similar issues?

I'm looking for some friends that get that yes, that is a woman kissing me in my wedding dress in that picture also. Lol

Replies

• Bubba_Furley
    Bubba_Furley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do not have any kids yet. My wife is currently pregnant/due in Feb. But I would suggest starting with a meatless monday meal for everyone. Its just one day a week and your family can see all the amazing meals that are meat free. You can google meatless monday and get tons of awesome recipes.
  • JoMcDonald
    Options
    Thanks! And congratulations on the baby! :)
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm mum to a 19 year old boy - he eats like a HORSE! So there have always been a tonne of snacks at my house. One of the things I've learned is to still buy him snacks but the ones I'm not too keen on - so lots of biscuits (cookies) but no crisps (chips) as they are my kryptonite. However sometimes it just comes down to plain ole fashioned will power which is sometimes in very short supply!

Congrats Bubba!
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have a 20 year old son. Try stocking healthy snacks. Our son is in the military now and has to make food choices for himself a lot of the time. I think now my greatest parenting regret is that I stocked so much junk and didn't teach him to make better choices.

I ate mostly vegetarian when my wife and I fist met so we have always had a "meatless" day at least once a week. When we were first working that out I found it easiest to make meatless soups. Then moved to things like stir fry, pasta dishes and the like. In reality what swung my wife was not the health benefits or flavors but how much money it could save us over the course of a year by cutting the meat from just 1 meal a week.
  • dj0jazzy
    dj0jazzy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We have two 14 year olds starting high school on Friday. Wow...high school! The problem is, they want to eat all the time, so i keep alot of things around for them - the fridge is always stocked with kid stuff. Makes it super hard to separate out that it's theirs and not sneak some, which is so not good for my diet!

Another issue I'm having...I'm seriously considering going vegetarian but my wife and kids don't want to. Wondering how i can pull this one off! I think I've seen to many documentaries about animal cruelty that I'm finally sent over the edge.

Anyone facing similar issues?

I'm looking for some friends that get that yes, that is a woman kissing me in my wedding dress in that picture also. Lol

I was a vegetarian for months while my girlfriend wasn't. I have recently decided to add seafood back into my diet but I did it just fine. At first it does seem a little more difficult but you deffinately get used to it after a little while.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We have 2 Boys 16 and 15. They eat alot as well. Im lucky one likes fruit so that is easy to have alot of it around.

Im sure you will work around it all. They dont have to follow you in your eatting style.

Your photo is great. And yes that is my partner in my photos too.....

Love is love it has no gender.....
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have an almost-5-year-old boy. I eat meat, but my gf is a vegetarian and has been her whole life. I like vegetarian meals, so that's all I eat at home. And I only eat meat on occasion when I'm out with others. My son eats both - but he's fine with vegetarian "chicken" nuggets, etc.
  • brightrainbow40
    Options
    Hi! My secret is making meals that I do not like for the wife and kids. Then I have an excuse to get out the salad or veggie stir fry stuff. I used to think making two meals would be to much of a pain, but in reality it is no problem. Good luck. :)
  • omnomnomicon
    Options
    I'm a lesbian with 2 kids. They're young though (7 and 5), and have been raised eating healthy foods. Their idea of "junk food" is cheddar rice cakes, popcorn, etc. You could try switching to healthier snacks to keep around, that way they have snacks, and if you do snack on their stuff, its not so bad.

Also, my partner is a vegetarian but i'm a rare steak devouring carnivore. It can be done! She generally comes home late after work though, and eats stuff like Morningstar Chik'n patties with something else. There are lots of tasty foods that can be cooked for the whole family though that are vegetarian while still being carnivore friendly. Lasagna comes to mind, chili, stuffed peppers, a wide variety of indian food, and pretty much any assemble it yourself mexican type thing. There are also times she just subs a protein for whatever meat we have on our plates (she likes marsala chick peas for example).

Also, feel free to add me :happy:

Edit; Also wanted to add-stir fry! You can always cook the meat separately so that your portion is vegetarian friendly!
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

We have a one year old, he is 13 months, so we are just new to the kid thing. It is quite the life change. He just started walking so our nights consist of chasing him around telling him what he can and can't get into around the house. I'd love to connect up with other ladies out there with kids.

Jo
  • awanake
    awanake Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am a single mom of a 2 year old daughter and an 11 year old son.
  • Butinox
    Butinox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a 18 years old son, and had a daughter that became 3 years old. She was a "donor-child", illegal in Norway at that time, so I went to Denmark for insemination. Luckily the world moves forward!

I`m not a vegetarian, but I belive it would be healthy to eat less meat. I eat a lot of fruit/berries/vegetables though, and try to have less dinners with meat. Planning dinners for the whole week has helped us eat less meat, and more fish/vegetables.