So long...for now

Options
dafoots0911
dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
Ladies, this is a so long for now. I will be checking this group because I can't let go. I started SL 5x5 back in April and switched to 3x5 in July. Lost my dad July 18 and continued with the program but felt I was missing something else. I loved the gains I was making but knew I was getting close to plateauing and didn't want to pop, strain or snap nothing so I decided to try something new for 12 weeks.

I purchased the book by Rachel Cosgrove, Drop Two Sizes and found out there was also a dvd so I am using the dvd and trying to stick with the diet as much as possible. The first week, diet wasn't as good but I am determined to do better from here on out (wine).

So ladies, this is only for now because this program gave me the confidence to do squats again and go heavy not only with squats but deadlifts, overhead press, bench and rows.

I began squats at 45lbs ended at 130
Bench start 45 ended at 100
Overhead press start at 45 ended at 75
Rows start 45 ended at 100
Deadlifts start 95 ended 145.

I will continue to follow all you bada$$, strong sexy babes and let you know what my progress is. But I will be back. I didn't make all those gains for nothing. So until then, Happy Lifting ladies.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    you do your thing! Those are amazing gains!
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in August. Good luck with your new phase of working out. Amazing gains! I just now want to start this, though I'm nervous about it.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad's death. It's been 7 + years since mine died, and it's a hard path to walk.
    Please do keep checking in though, you are always welcome, and all the best with your new regime xx
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We lost my father-in-law in June. It's a good time to take care of yourself and follow what sounds good to you. Check back in and let us now how you get on!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, I just lost my mom in August and it was hard. We will be here :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    1. Sorry for your loss.
    2. I've never officially done Stronglifts but have been posting in this group for months. No need for you to say so long if you wish to stay and post. :smile:
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Very sorry about your Dad :(
    2. I've never officially done Stronglifts but have been posting in this group for months. No need for you to say so long if you wish to stay and post. :smile:

^^^Yes, I've never done Stronglifts either but will continue to post here until I'm 86ed LOL
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

I started out doing Stronglifts in March, but I've sort of switched to Texas method (based on Starting Strength), and now moving on to something like Strong Curves. This was the first group I was ever active in, so I have a hard time letting go, even if I'm not following the program :)
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    So sorry for your lost. You made some great progress... Stay connected!
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    1. Sorry for your loss.
    Thanks Dani, I will probably do that. I love this group. Not once have I encountered mean or negative feedback.
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

I started out doing Stronglifts in March, but I've sort of switched to Texas method (based on Starting Strength), and now moving on to something like Strong Curves. This was the first group I was ever active in, so I have a hard time letting go, even if I'm not following the program :)
    Bought the Strong Curves book too but Down Two Sizes won out since there was a dvd. Hope to hear about your progress. I did join the SC group on fb.
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all your kind words. I will stick around and let you all know of my progress.

Happy lifting.:flowerforyou: