Protein Shakes.

Options
Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm looking for some good yet reasonable protein shakes and advice on where to buy.

Fire away please.....

Replies

• knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I buy mine on amazon, still trying to find one that tastes good. Currently use sun warrior chocolate mixed with milk, slightly like a chocolate milk shake.
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I found the myprotein.com website pretty good so far as I have been using one formulated for getting lean and they have all the nutritional info on there, I've used them twice and managed to save 15% both times by looking at the different discount codes. They have a 20 percent code off total order until midnight tonight if you purchase something from their tablet range

I'm not advertising them nor endorsing them as I'm sure there are other just as good sites, I'm just saying what has worked for me
  • leehudson1
    leehudson1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just use unflavoured whey protein it tastes great mixed with water or milk and can be added when cooking too I sometimes add it to my bread, waffles, flapjacks, porridge and it nicely thickens up cooking sauces too. The best prices I've found are bulkpowders.co.uk or myprotien.com both are the same price and I suspect the same company but both offer money off for new customers so its an idea to use both I'll put a link for my referral below which will give you £5 off a £15 order at bulk powders but you'll will likely be offered a better discount when you go to the site anyway, I think I got £10 off an order over £30 when I first used them which is great if you know you like the product taking 5kg of whey protein down to about £35.

Its good tasty low calorie low fat high protein stuff - can't beat it in my opinion :o)

Get 5 off at BulkPowders.co.uk with referral code LH105138
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I use myprotein. However, I have just recently got a discount card from preteindiscountcard.com. I haven't used it yet but plan to buy some ON protein when my stocks get low
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm using The Protein Works who sell online, mixes nice and easy and no GI issues with it at all for me. Banana and chocolate silk are my favourite flavours
  • CandyJ1972
    Options
    I get mine from Holland & Barrett ( Whey Protein Precision Engineered).
    I don't care too much for the chocolate flavour but the strawberry is delicious, the vanilla is great for mixing (smoothies and puddings) and the banana flavour is awesome for making protein pancakes and muffins with.
  • AGBP
    AGBP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind, which type of protein do you use/prefer? Whey is the weight lifting standard, Soya tends to be cheaper with a high %, and Hemp may taste like TreeBeards wee but has an amazing balance of protein, essential fats and nutrients. Holland and Barrett's stocks have never let me down, but the high performance/cost end of the market tends to mix and taste better.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the protein works or bulk powders.
    The former have a huge selection of flavours, and often have some deals on, the latter have really good prices.

I would have thrown maxiraw in the ring too, but they seem to be reorganising and re-branding, so will wait to see what they come up with.

I wouldn't recommend myprotein purely down to customer service, their products are good, but if you're unlucky enough to have an issue, getting it sorted is a nightmare. That's from collective wisdom, such as reviews and personal experience. I'm sure a majority of the time, their won't be an issue, and I didn't have one for a while, but why risk it when other companies can be bothered to take care of their customers?
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I used to use MyProtein, but their customer service is so incredibly bad that I switched to The Protein Works for my last order. Something went wrong with my first order, but I emailed them and had an email back within 25 minutes, containing an apology, confirmation the overcharge had been refunded to my card and a discount code for my next order. Still got a little bit of MP stuff to get through so not actually tried any of my TPW stuff yet, but as long as the quality holds up then they'll be my supplier of choice because they are great to deal with.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    AGBP - This will be the first time I've used protein as I've just started lifting and am falling short of my protein every day.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, may have to have a look at the Protein Works and H&B to compare prices and calorific values.
  • amydusty14
    amydusty14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use unflavoured impact whey from myprotein.com which is by far the cheapest I have come across. I just add my own natural flavourings ie. vanilla extract and stevia ????
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    What Stevia to do you buy and from where? Saw some sweetener in Tesco's labelled as being Stevia extract but I'm not sure if it had other stuff in it.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/PhD-Belgian-Chocolate-Flavoured-Protein/dp/B003AX6DRS

PhD Whey is my choice now, after using H&B and the myprotein and getting a lot of bloating.

They do lots of flavours and have added flax so ups my fibre too. I have it in the am before cycling and after an intense workout or weight session. Its a good slow releaser so gives me a bit of oomph in the early mornings.