Christmas Challenge

Options
Hey all! I've decide to embark on a challenge, and I'd like to invite as many to come with me as they'd like.

A lot has happened in my life recently and I've felt shaken to the core. I found out I was being cheated on, I changed jobs, I was behind in bills for the same reason I changed jobs, and my life was just in disrepair. Well, I've decided I've had enough! I have given myself 6 months to get my life straight! I'd like to invite anyone else who feels like things are out of control to join me in reclaiming our lives!
By December 1st, I want to:

Lose 30 lbs (bringing me down to 170)
Have a regular exercise routine
Have bills caught up
Have a savings account (that money actually gets deposited into)
Be able to open a vacation account to start getting ready for summer! (If all goes well I plan to turn this into a challenge series)

So please, anyone else who would like to join me feel free to post your goals!

Replies

• UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Interesting challenge. By December,

I want to be of normal weight so I don't feel guilty enjoying all the Christmas goodies. So that's like about 20-30 lbs depending on whether it's muscle mass or body fat.

I want to be able to go to the gym without needing a spotter. Either that, or encourage friends to go with me as opposed to my regular workout partners.

I want to have a steady job, or at least a steady income. If I don't find one in 2 months....bye bye gym membership, hello park.

I want to be able to do a pull-up.

Also, I want to check of one-item of my bucket list (or as I call it, future ideas list).

Those are all I can think of right now.
    Ooh and cheated on? That's rough. :frown:

Here's some flowers to cheer you up :flowerforyou:
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

How is the challenge going? I just saw this now, I didn't notice it before. I have been doing a "hot for the holidays" type challenge on Facebook so I wish I knew about this before. I'd love to connect up with you two and here more about what you are doing now. I know this is an old one, sorry. Let me know how it's going!

Jo
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Hello JoBrandes,

Thanks for asking how the challenge is going.

Let's see, I don't think I will be of normal weight come Christmas because I've been unfocused lately. I might lose 10 to 20 pounds if I really commit but the way things have been going lately, I am not completely counting on it.

I have been doing better at the gym. Been getting stronger and stopped needing a spotter only because my original spotters started lacking on the job so it was either improve or get hurt. My brain may like pain but my body sure doesn't so I learned really quickly.

I did find a moderately steady job...hopefully it stays that way. I am thinking of switching gym memberships, though. The only reason I stayed with this one was for my spotters but seeing that they aren't useful anymore, I don't really need it.

I have yet to do a pull-up, but I'm getting there. I might be able to do it by next year.

I did cross one item off my list. It was a small item, but those are the gateway ones.

What is your challenge?
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Sorry you lost your spotter, that is a bummer. Gotta hate a flake huh? Try not to lift too heavy and hurt yourself with having no one spot you, especially when doing something like a chest press. Always good to have someone spot you for that.

Really happy to hear you got a job, what are you doing? That is wonderful and so hard in this economy, great news!

Don't worry about not being at your "normal weight" by the holidays. It is better to focus on small goals that are reachable instead of huge goals. Trust me, I've been there!

My challenge...I run lots of stuff on Facebook with people who are doing home workouts, it works really well cause you don't have to join a gym and you can workout in your underwear, haha! I have been working out at home for a while now and love it. I can be with my son, not drive to the gym in the snow, rain or any other crappy weather, and honestly, I do workout in my underwear, no lie. I love it! But what we do is get a few folks and put them into a group on FB so they can motivate each other, it is a lot of fun and the workouts actually work too. :)

Look forward to hearing from ya!

Jo